Next Season | The Boneyard

Next Season

Reaction Score
If Bouknight is gone how are we replacing 20 points and 5 rebounds with a takeover the game scorer? Bouknight is the player that keeps the team competitive against quality opponents and elevates his teammates games. what Is the roster potential?

Reaction Score
He doesn't come back then we hope we get a stud transfer that can play immediately. Like the recruiting class but can't depend on frosh and we're not quite sure what we actually have now?

But next year is too far away, let's get a Tomorrow and get back on track. HUGE game.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Martin, Jackson will be a year older and ready to shoulder more of the load, Sanogo will be our three best scorers to start the year. By the end of the year I expect Hawkins to be up there as well.

Reaction Score
IF he doesn’t come back. Lol. He gone.

We’re a few years away unfortunately, I think Hurley expected 3 years from him and unless Sool or Hawkins comes in like gang busters we def need a grad transfer. Maybe one day we can get some shooters...

Reaction Score
IF he doesn’t come back. Lol. He gone.

We’re a few years away unfortunately, I think Hurley expected 3 years from him and unless Sool or Hawkins comes in like gang busters we def need a grad transfer. Maybe one day we can get some shooters...
Hurley has made it clear since the day Bouknight stepped on campus that he expected him to be here for 2 years and then a lottery pick in the NBA

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I do not think we can expect one player to make up for Bouk's lost production. I think there will be nice bumps in production from Sanogo and Jackson. It will have to be a team effort.

Reaction Score
I’ll be expecting some nice things from Gaffney, he’s got a lot of potential and hopefully he’s got a nice leap from soph to jr year like a lot of guys have had

Reaction Score
I’ll be expecting some nice things from Gaffney, he’s got a lot of potential and hopefully he’s got a nice leap from soph to jr year like a lot of guys have had

Still waiting for frosh to soph and continually saying "lots of potential". He's one of the reasons I am so nervous about next year, and Cole this backcourt needs someone to be an impact player. So far nothing consistent at all. We will need Sool and Jordan to be an immediate impact of sorts I bet.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Rebuilding type year with lots of young pieces and a dominant Sanogo. I expect the freshman to all play big minute. Diggins and Hawkins 2 of our 4 leading scorers.

UconnU

Reaction Score
IF healthy, and who knows at this point, I see Akok as a 10 and 10 dude.
We can’t count on him to be back. I don’t like the fact that Hurley said earlier in the year that he’s made a miracle recovery and started to play him and now he’s out indefinitely. It’s obvious he had some kind of set back.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How is this program ever going to replace Nadav Henefeld Chris Smith Donyell Marshall Donny Marshall Kevin Ollie Ray Allen Doron Scheffer Richard Hamilton Khalid El-Amin Caron Butler Emeka Okafor Ben Gordon Josh Boone Charlie Villanueva Rudy Gay Hasheem Thabeet AJ Price Kemba Walker Jeremy Lamb Shabazz Napier? Wait, who are we talking about?

Reaction Score
Rebuilding type year with lots of young pieces and a dominant Sanogo. I expect the freshman to all play big minute. Diggins and Hawkins 2 of our 4 leading scorers.
If next season is a rebuilding type year we have major friggin' problems. We'll have Jackson, Sanogo, Akok, Martin, Hawkins, Diggins, Johnson, Gaffney, and Cole plus another player or two coming in. That's a lot of talent.

Reaction Score
I don’t agree. He has potential but for some reason doesn’t show it except infrequently if games. I think we absolutely have to over recruit him and bring in a tough guard who can attack the basket and dish off .

Reaction Score
We need 2 sub Bouk scorers who are shooting guards.

UconnU

Reaction Score
If next season is a rebuilding type year we have major friggin' problems. We'll have Jackson, Sanogo, Akok, Martin, Hawkins, Diggins, Johnson, Gaffney, and Cole plus another player or two coming in. That's a lot of talent.
We’re a terrible team right now. We would struggle against AAC teams. We’re losing half our rotation. If we’re a good team that would be a major leap.

Reaction Score
We’re a terrible team right now. We would struggle against AAC teams. We’re losing half our rotation. If we’re a good team that would be a major leap.
This is a crazy take. Next season the team is going to be full of top 50 and top 100 recruits, with a couple of guys who should be all league, if it's a rebuilding year we have major issues.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm not too confident about this team being anything more than middle-of-the-pack until we see one of these two point guards really step up. If Gaff and Cole both shoot around 35% from the field next year, we're in trouble.

Reaction Score
I'm not too confident about this team being anything more than middle-of-the-pack until we see one of these two point guards really step up. If Gaff and Cole both shoot around 35% from the field next year, we're in trouble.
They're most likely not going to be our primary point guards.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

If it's a rebuilding year we have a major issue. We've been 'rebuilding' for a long time and it's time for Hurley to start producing results. Next year our roster will be all Hurley players and well-ranked ones at that. We need to start making the NCAAT again. A few more mediocre seasons and before you know it 10 years will have passed before we last went to the dance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom