Next season, our coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next season, our coach

Reaction Score
Be it Ollie or somebody else, we have a decent roster (for now anyhow) and if we remain injury free then they can be rather good

This roster is awful with a chance of being bad. Outside of Adams who is above mediocre at best?

Reaction Score
I remember back in the old days at this time of year discussing our possible first round opponent and where we will possibly play.

Reaction Score
UConn has pedigree and blue blood history and as long as that remains, every coach who comes here will be compared to the Calhoun standard. When a fan base has experienced the type of run we all have during JC's era, expectations for continued success...top 25 ranking, top tier of regular season conference table, second weekend of tournament, top 20 recruiting class, nba pipeline, etc should be the norm. While I agree that Ollie has set a very low floor the past two years that next year's on court performance for a new coach would be quite low for UConn standards, the pressure to the right this ship will be immense. W-L record aside, next year will be all about recruiting new players and engaging an old, angry fan base.

Calm down. Calhoun isn't the expectation, not having back to back losing seasons and not being irrelevant within our conference (let alone nationally) is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whoever is coach next year has his hands full.

We do not have a good roster - any attrition, and there will be attrition, will not help.

Without Adams, we’re going to be pulverized. No Adams and the same coaching effort? We’ll win 10-12 games.

The front court will remain lousy - there’s such a deficit of talent there. The backcourt, absent Adams, won’t have a single proven point guard or shooter. The only player who has demonstrated that he can get his own shot is Vital and he does that by taking three steps back and flinging a 24’ three.

We gots trouble for a couple of years. This is what those of us whining about recruiting for the past two years have been worrying about - the bill really comes due next year if Adams leaves.
I agree to an extent with your negative analysis. However, I think some people in our front court would be better and have performed better if they got more minutes and actually had the ball passed to them once in a while. Namely Carlton and Diarra. It is hard to harsh on our front court when no one passes them the ball. You can't expect a decent inside/outside game if you aren't trying to get the ball in to the paint ever.

Reaction Score
That’s irrelevant to this, since we already know that he averaged only 3 PPG as a freshman. I believe Wilson will be closer to 15 than 3 IMO. He was destroying AAU ball before reclassifying and choosing St John’s, and he’s also had a full year of practice now. Time will tell, but I like his odds.
Ok, you’re going to be disappointed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom