Next: Memphis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Next: Memphis

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think the AAC has decent coaching, the problem being recruiting, and that is not easy to solve.

We sing the praises of the old BE but the really old big east was not very good. Uconn elevated their play in 91, but no one else was making much noise nationally through the 90s from the BE. CViv and Rutgers joined and we all laughed at the 'Jewel of the East' until the early 2000s when they had a few really competitive years with Cappie, Matee, and co. and then they slid into irrelevance again. ND came in and they had one run with Ruth in 2001 but disappeared again for about 7 years. In the last 20 years of the big east Uconn had 18 total losses in conference regular season and 9 undefeated seasons. And they were tourney champions 16 of the last 20 years. It was only the last few years of the full conference when the BE was getting 7-9 teams into the NCAAs. Before that TN fans were always disparaging our SOS :eek::rolleyes::).

Reaction Score
. . . It was only the last few years of the full conference when the BE was getting 7-9 teams into the NCAAs. . . .

I forget which year it was, but one year when the BE got 9 teams into the tournament, all 9 won their
first round games. I don't think any conference has ever matched that record.

Reaction Score
The only good thing is - I noticed last year had 4 top 100 teams in AAC this year there are 6. That's not much but it's something.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
I'm pleased that they're into the AAC schedule as I get positively shaky when I have to go any length of time between games, i.e. 11 days between DePaul and Oklahoma and nine days between Duquesne and Memphis.

It's just that tough on me not having a game on every few days.

I need my UConn fix like I need oxygen. :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom