Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brontë's _Wuthering Heights_

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
In the last 4 weeks I've finished Thackery's Vanity Fair, Tolstoy's Anna Karenina, Hardy's Jude the Obscure, Trollope's The Warden, and Dickens' Our Mutual Friend.

I'm not necessarily tied to reading a work of "classic" literature, but I like something that has an audiobook I could take out or listen to on Spotify. I mostly read, but I've been running a lot recently (lost 20 lbs) and like to listen to something that takes my mind off the run.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
1574301347868.jpeg

Reaction Score
I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb. Written by a UConn prof and is going to be an HBO series next year.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ive been re reading Tom Robbins it had been decades....

just finished still life with woodpecker and on to jitterbug perfume now....

I was a huge fan of his when I was in my late teens early 20's and devoured them all, very interesting re reading through 50 something year old lenses now. Didnt hit me in the sweet spot like I remembered it doing when younger.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Educated, by Tara Westover. Excellent book and really compelling audiobook. I've read a lot more than usual in the past year, in part because Educated started me on a kick with renewed passion. I was so into the audiobook and so interested to hear what came next that I found myself making excuses to squeeze in an extra run or workout in the day just to have a chance to listen again. Her chapters are short and each is written with the arc of a short story, so it's very easy to keep going, or to find an easy place to stop. I finished it in less than five days.

The only downside has been that I now find myself comparing every other book to it, and all have come up short, no matter how enjoyable.

It's incredible that it's her first book.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom