Newton wrapped up Big East POY today | The Boneyard

Newton wrapped up Big East POY today

Reaction Score
I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion at all that scheirmenn gets it. I think newton will. I think these next 2 games will decide it.

Reaction Score
Did he even won Big East player of the week one time this year?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I get that feeling too. Unfortunately for Newton UConn is so balanced that what he does isn't appreciated enough. But Hurley will be certain to use it to motivate the team if Newton doesn't win it.
Don’t necessarily think it’s about balance. He got off to a bad start shooting wise in the BE. He’s come around recently but the others score more at a more efficient clip despite Newton being the one with the weapons around him and offense that gets him good looks.

He still has time to make some statements before it’s wrapped up.

Reaction Score
Scheierman has better stats than Newton in league play overall. However, both teams split head-to-head and Newton outplayed him without a doubt in both of those games

Newton:
21.5 ppg
10 rpg
4.5 apg
44% from field

Scheierman:
12 ppg
6.5 rpg
4 apg
39% from field

I don't know how Newton loses with being on the top team in the conference and being better in the head-to-head matchups, but who knows.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're too deep for POY awards. Won't win COY either. DPOY? Nope, don't think so

But if Stephon Castle doesn't win FOY, then that's criminal, it's voter fraud, just ignore all these media driven accolades for the rest of our existence in the Big East. However long that may be.

willie99

Reaction Score
17.3 PPG, 10.0 RPG, 8.0 APG in that stretch shooting 44% FG, 37.9% 3P, 82% FT

Jeeeeez
.Mr Money

Reaction Score

But if Stephon Castle doesn't win FOY, then that's criminal, it's voter fraud, just ignore all these media driven accolades for the rest of our existence in the Big East. However long that may be.
Good God. Can we drop the conspiracy crap please. We won’t have a player win conference POY because frankly you could make a rational case for any of our five starters being the most important player on our team. It will go to a player who is inarguably the best player on SOME team.

Reaction Score

We should get 6th-man and FOY.

POY I doubt.

DPOY and COY I think we get one of.

Pure conjecture here. I know nothing.

Reaction Score
COY and FOY I'd be legitimately disappointed if it's not Hurley and Castle, I think both of those happen.

DPOY should be Clingan, but that award has always been more about stats than true impact so it's whatever when he doesn't win it

6MOY should be Hassan, but that's the easiest one to spread around and not vote all UConn. Not the end of the world when one of the Nova guys gets it

POY won't be UConn, you likely wouldn't even get a unanimous answer from fans which player should win it from UConn. It'll be almost as enjoyable as Newton winning POY to see a 1st team All American not be the conference POY

Reaction Score
COTY should be Dan, FOTY should be Castle given he's one the weekly award 9 times already.
Our team has too many legs on it to have a single POTY, and that'll be the argument of the voters or whomever.
It'll go to Kolek

willie99

Reaction Score
Good God. Can we drop the conspiracy crap please. We won’t have a player win conference POY because frankly you could make a rational case for any of our five starters being the most important player on our team. It will go to a player who is inarguably the best player on SOME team.

You usually comprehend much better then that my friend.

I said it's criminal if Stephon Castle doesn't win FOY. I didn't say the same about any other award.

Don't be so quick to jump on that anti-conspiracy bandwagon. I'm not the man you should be talking too

And I stand by my Stephon Castle position. That would indicate there is some bias

Reaction Score
You usually comprehend much better then that my friend.

I said it's criminal if Stephon Castle doesn't win FOY. I didn't say the same about any other award.

Don't be so quick to jump on that anti-conspiracy bandwagon. I'm not the man you should be talking too

And I stand by my Stephon Castle position. That would indicate there is some bias
Sorry if I misinterpreted. Castle will win FOY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom