Newton AP First-Team All-American | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Newton AP First-Team All-American

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We weren’t first in 2006? Maybe it was all the beers while being a student, but I thought for sure we were.

That’s my bad!
Duke was Overall #1. We were Overall #2. Villanova #3. Memphis #4.

That's also how it was in the AP poll.

Reaction Score
Just looked up Tristen on Wikipedia. It states that Tristen led UConn to its 6th National title. No need to play the games!
Thats proof time travel is real. Clearly someone went into the future saw the tournament and came back to edit wiki.

Reaction Score
IMG_0816.jpeg

Reaction Score
Per @Storrs South, Newton is now a Consensus First Team All-American because he made First Team on 3 of the publications (and a 2nd Team selection on the other)
Yea I was just about to ask someone to confirm.

With Tristen first team for 3 of the 4 publications. That makes him a Consensus First Team All American correct?

Im pretty sure he would be but someone more knowledgeable can say with certainty.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
When Newton was an El Paso high school senior, he averaged 37 points and 9 rebounds a game while leading the team to the state title. And UTEP had no interest. That is Edsall-level local disdain.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
From the conversations around him last January to where he is now just unbelievable what a warrior. Well earned Tristen!!
Last year I cringed when Newton was pressured while dribbling. This year I’m relaxed and know good things are coming. Tristen has been a wonderful joy to watch. Congrats to him.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to Tristen doing his magic during March Madness. Has grown his game at UConn-The trust DH has displayed with him has been huge.

IMO- He has really improved his handle and the precision of his passes-on time and on target- since last year. Just adds to his substantial value to the team and his pro future.

Glad to see people outside of the UConn bubble are appreciating his talents in the form of awards/recognition.
He’s been the pepto bismol to any UConn heartburn for me all season. He always calms. Top 5 guards are so damn hard to pick. Kemba, Shabazz, Ben, Khalid, Tristen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom