Newton and Clingan | The Boneyard

Newton and Clingan

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Pretty cool to roll into Storrs for two seasons, win the whole thing twice and then bounce. Kind of an unassailable legacy. Unreal for Clingan as a Connecticut kid. The stuff of legends.

Boomer Dad said, I think Clingan’s coming back, he needs to work on his offense.

I said, Dad, there’s as much chance of me playing center for UConn next season

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
In a way, Clingan was somewhat unheralded in this game… he was phenomenal… if he didn’t defend like he did, Edey could kick out for open 3’s. He completely took that away.

Reaction Score
he says he ain’t leavin.

Uconn Huskies Wow GIF by NCAA March Madness

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What about Karaban?

Reaction Score
Pretty cool to roll into Storrs for two seasons, win the whole thing twice and then bounce. Kind of an unassailable legacy. Unreal for Clingan as a Connecticut kid. The stuff of legends.
Two of the best players who ever played for us. Edey was overwhelming for Clingan early and then he settled in and Edey became ineffective. Tristen just did what he always does on the biggest stage. Cam was also an absolute beast.

This whole team was just jawdroppingly great

caw

Reaction Score
Someone has to hire him this offseason, right? Like, I'd love him back. But damn. You hope for his sake that not every AD is terrible at his job. I thought he'd get Fairfield, but they were too good with their interim.

Someone should at least try and get him, he's really good and super young still.

Heck I might offer him a job at a lower power conference team if I were an AD with an opening. Something like UK.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Someone has to hire him this offseason, right? Like, I'd love him back. But damn. You hope for his sake that not every AD is terrible at his job. I thought he'd get Fairfield, but they were too good with their interim.
When you go this far in tourney every year coaching carousel szn is over.

Reaction Score
Clingan gave a very mature performance today. His guy scored on him - a lot more than he’s used to. But he took one for the team - made Edey work for his points, and everyone else got to stay at home. Other than the mistake biting on the fake and allowing the up and under for an and one, he forced Edey to shoot tough shots over him.

Edey put up a huge line - but he wore down in the first half, and only became effective again after the game was over and we were only worried about not fouling. I think his only two points in the middle 20 minutes (last 10 of first, first 10 of second) came on the goaltend when Clingan‘s hand got caught in the net. That was when the game was won, and Clingan contributed to that by naming Edey work straight up without help.

Reaction Score
Clingan gave a very mature performance today. His guy scored on him - a lot more than he’s used to. But he took one for the team - made Edey work for his points, and everyone else got to stay at home. Other than the mistake biting on the fake and allowing the up and under for an and one, he forced Edey to shoot tough shots over him.

Edey put up a huge line - but he wore down in the first half, and only became effective again after the game was over and we were only worried about not fouling. I think his only two points in the middle 20 minutes (last 10 of first, first 10 of second) came on the goaltend when Clingan‘s hand got caught in the net. That was when the game was won, and Clingan contributed to that by naming Edey work straight up without help.
clingan got himself in foul trouble a bit out of frustration, and that made us adjust the game plan around to accomadate.....but IMO the POTG was clingan wearing him out and the small lineup ultimatley smashing the door closed in his face

Reaction Score
Before Newton committed in the portal, I did a 2-part timestamped re-watch of his game against us his freshman year. It's the only time I've ever done something like that.

My last words:
"Bring him in Danny."

Reaction Score

Great description of Clingan tonight.

A really mature performance. He was a bit blindsided early. Edey was pulling stuff out of his butt a bit and Clingan came back in the game after the first foul and things got pretty miserable for Edey for a good chunk of the game. They couldn't even shoot a three because of Clingan's 1 oh 1 D.

Reaction Score
Shut the hell up with this crap

Reaction Score

The fact that Clingan is a sophomore in his first season starting and played so well against a 4 year, two time national player of the year can not be credited enough. Clingan was great in this tourney and hes only scratching the surface of what he will be.

Reaction Score
The fact that Clingan is a sophomore in his first season starting and played so well against a 4 year, two time national player of the year can not be credited enough. Clingan was great in this tourney and hes only scratching the surface of what he will be.
He was legit shocked by Edey early and a bit winded coming off the court, things changed when Donovan came back out on the court. Edey's stat line looks amazing, watch the film. After the early flurry where Edey pulled several long hook shots put of his butt and drop stepped Clingan his night got rough, and Purdue shot like one three. It worked.

Reaction Score
Boomer Dad said, I think Clingan’s coming back, he needs to work on his offense.

I said, Dad, there’s as much chance of me playing center for UConn next season
Tons of people on fbook groups spouting this.

Amazing run, good luck to these young men moving forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom