Newton: “give me the ball” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Newton: “give me the ball”

Reaction Score
I hate how refs slow the game down but it the refs aren’t to blame for Newton missing that ft.

Reaction Score
The refs do not like Newton (no idea why). He almost got T'd up at Xavier.
Newton Spencer and Hurley are a lot for the refs. Love that Stewart seems to have a little chip as well. They took the flame Andre left behind. Except now we have 3 hot headed players!!!!!

Reaction Score
Newton is so smart, probably went unnoticed but on one possession with probably 5 minutes left and clock running inbounder rolled ball to him and he drained 6-8 seconds off game clock while shot clock did not start until he touches the ball. Creighton did not allow this again, very intelligent play.
I didn't see the game live, but I watched the replay and this stood out to me. Literally an NBA move, the leading team rolling the ball up court to drain the game clock while the shot clock doesn't start until he touches it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I didn't see the game live, but I watched the replay and this stood out to me. Literally an NBA move, the leading team rolling the ball up court to drain the game clock while the shot clock doesn't start until he touches it.
Newton always rolls the ball up court. But, yeah, when I watched that, I'm thinking "pick up the ball Tristen".

Reaction Score
Yes the refs move slow but the ft miss is on Newton, needs to focus more on making the shot rather then getting it over with.

Reaction Score
First "mattresses" and now this? It may be time for a new phone!
It is an Iphone13 and new ones are 15 now. I think it is more operator error though. I touch the screen that delete or operationalize functions without realizing. Just noticed my flashlight function was on after clearing snow.

Reaction Score
Newton Spencer and Hurley are a lot for the refs. Love that Stewart seems to have a little chip as well. They took the flame Andre left behind. Except now we have 3 hot headed players!!!!!
I find Tristen to be a very pleasant guy, who considers himself an introvert compared to Hassan. But, true sometimes he may substitute expressions for words.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
You think Newton is "hot headed"?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It is an Iphone13 and new ones are 15 now. I think it is more operator error though. I touch the screen that delete or operationalize functions without realizing. Just noticed my flashlight function was on after clearing snow.
I'm still on my iPhone 12. It's definitely time, though. Like you I've started to see random apps/functions from time to time. I have to laugh because, like you, I've been wondering whether it's the phone or an ID10T error.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What happens if UConn were to leave the Big East?

Absolutely nothing as far as officiating is concerned. We heard the same whining when the team played in the AAC. We hear the same whining in games played on a neutral court, in the tournament, and in non-conference game.

Those who complaining about the refs look like whiny little bitching fools.

Refs make mistakes. Turning mistakes into a conspiracy theory is embarrassing.

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Absolutely nothing as far as officiating is concerned. We heard the same whining when the team played in the AAC. We hear the same whining in games played on a neutral court, in the tournament, and in non-conference game.

Those who complaining about the refs look like whiney little bitching fools.

Do you think that also goes for the NFL or how about the NBA when refs were going to jail. Just curious because I believe you are a reasonable man. I know this is a message board about UConn men’s basketball but the first time a referee scandal was revealed it was related to college basketball. So there is enough evidence to suggest that those who think it could still happen might not be so wrong as to be embarrassing. How long did the NFL continue to review PI calls and when they did for one whole season they did not over turn one call. We all love sports and our teams so much, but unfortunately because we do, it kind of wires us to not want to believe that the officials are human and as such are susceptible to all the common human weaknesses. They don’t like being insulted, they can hold a grudge and the of course there is greed. I am not saying every game is fixed but to say if one considers there to be a conspiracy that includes officiating, one might counter that it is naive to think there is no way it could happen.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Just curious because I believe you are a reasonable man.

That's where people stop taking your post seriously.

There are bad refs same as any profession. I'm sure there are even corrupt officials.

But none have decided to screw UConn whenever they get a chance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's were people stop taking your post seriously.

There are bad refs same as any profession. I'm sure there are even corrupt officials.

But none have decided to screw UConn whenever they get a chance.
Well except this guy. Or does he just not like UConn fans? :)

1705774982839.png

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Well that was an example of bad officiating. Kalk was fouled twice on the most important play of the game. Maybe it is fear more than incompetence. They are afraid to impact the outcome. Now it is a comedy of officiating. Richmond throwing elbows players traveling on in bounds passes. Wow this is a pretty bad look for the BE.

Reaction Score

Those who complaining about the refs look like whiney little bitching fools.

“Mistakes”. Not everything is a “conspiracy theory”. It’s called whiny bitchy grudges held by very small refs. And if UConn left the Big East I think the conference might feel it a wee bit.

Reaction Score
Sorry, if this is a dumb question, but can Tristen Newton dunk? I don't recall seeing it. I see him as a Tate George type of big guard who plays below the rim. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reaction Score
Sorry, if this is a dumb question, but can Tristen Newton dunk? I don't recall seeing it. I see him as a Tate George type of big guard who plays below the rim. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes he can, rarely does

Reaction Score
Awesome performance from Newton and great to see him clinch it at the line of course Nova pulled a Duhon on the last shot lol.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom