News today | The Boneyard

News today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@footballscoop: UConn must feel pretty confident in their short list because some really good coaches tell me they can’t get their calls returned

Reaction Score
That is either the typical UCONN "asshattery" (disorganization, incompetence, etc...)

Or they actually ARE confident in their short list.

Option 2 would be very cool

Reaction Score
I guess Narduzzi would be our fallback...? LOL

footballscoop10:07am via TweetDeck
I had been hearing for a while that UConn had their sights on Clawson. If he goes to Wake…Narduzzi? FootballScoop.com/the-scoop

But wait, I though Lembo was going to Wake??

Dooooooooomed!

Beaker.gif

Last edited:

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
That is either the typical UCONN "asshattery" (disorganization, incompetence, etc...)

Or they actually ARE confident in their short list.

Option 2 would be very cool

Or the final decision has already been made and we are just waiting for the 'Regular Season' to complete before making the official hire/annoucment.

Reaction Score
Or the final decision has already been made and we are just waiting for the 'Regular Season' to complete before making the official hire/annoucment.

That seems likely. I can't believe they have been sitting on their hands for two months.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If Rob Ambrose or Joe Moorhead is the hire after rumors like this, I'll be incredibly disgusted. I hope this means that Narduzzi/Lembo/Clawson…maybe Mullen???…are pencilled in as soon as this miserable season is over.

Reaction Score
From footballrumormill.com

"Sources tell us that Bowling Green head coach Dave Clawson is a serious candidate for the UConn job."

"Our sources indicate that it’s just a matter of time before a deal is finalized for Ball State coach Pete Lembo to become the new head coach at Wake Forest."

Reaction Score
Why am I not excited for Clawson? .500 career record.

That would be a good reason. Only thing I do like is he's a HC who wouldn't need on the job training. It just doesn't scream first tier pick to me.

Reaction Score

Read an article by Pete Thamel about him this morning. Seems like he is a slow starter but that he gets it really right in the long term. He is not a system guy, tailors play strategy to the talent he has on hand. He also has experience recruiting nationally.

Reaction Score

Because ...

Clawson took on immensely difficult assignments and succeeded (and a .500 record comes from scary stabilizing first years). He took 0-11 Fordham ... and built that up. He took 3-8 Richmond ... and built that up.
He's at a high level in the MAC.
He is (of the 3) the one most invested, I believe, in New England. I think he stays longer than a Narduzzi for sure.

Don't get me wrong: I love Lembo's offensive scheme; Narduzzi leads the number One Defensive unit I've seen this year. Both develop 2 Star kids into higher play. Any of these 3 should be welcomed with a parade versus the Hathaway gimmick.

Reaction Score
Because ...

Clawson took on immensely difficult assignments and succeeded (and a .500 record comes from scary stabilizing first years). He took 0-11 Fordham ... and built that up. He took 3-8 Richmond ... and built that up.
He's at a high level in the MAC.
He is (of the 3) the one most invested, I believe, in New England. I think he stays longer than a Narduzzi for sure.

Don't get me wrong: I love Lembo's offensive scheme; Narduzzi leads the number One Defensive unit I've seen this year. Both develop 2 Star kids into higher play. Any of these 3 should be welcomed with a parade versus the Hathaway gimmick.

I agree with this. I think if he was not caught up in the Fulmer mess at UT, then his stock wouldn't have dropped a bit like it did.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Length of stay doesn't concern me at all. We are a stepping stone job and will be for as long as we are in the AAC mid-major conference. If Narduzzi came for only 2 years, that would have meant that he turned this PP/GDL mess around and his stock skyrocketed. That would only be good news for our football program.

That said, Clawson wouldn't be my first choice but he is FAR from the bottom of my list. Narduzzi and Lembo are above him but Clawson is way ahead of the Ambrose/Moorhead/Kiffin/Schiano/Petrino types that some on this board seem to love so much.

Reaction Score
From who?
Just trying to get a rise out of some of you.

I do know for a fact that he was reaching out to Uconn immediately after PP was fired. While it would be disappointing based on other names being floated, do not be surprised if this name starts to emerge again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom