News feeds. Yes. No. Suggestions ... | The Boneyard

News feeds. Yes. No. Suggestions ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only if you're going to have some filter and not just any mention of the word "UConn" in conjunction with the word "soccer" and/or "baseball". For instance, a TV listing saying Fox Soccer Channel is broadcasting Akr0n-New Mexico soccer and ESPN2 is broadcasting UConn-Iowa State football is not worthy of its own post. I try to get all the minor/Olympic sports covered in my roundup. I'll try to it a bit more to each post and maybe thrown in some links where I can if you think that will be helpful, but I don't see a point in indicsriminately including every hit with the word "UConn" and "soccer" since some of them are totally irrelevant.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I like them. As long as there aren't too many, I can make a daily cleanup of the ones that don't belong.

Reaction Score
I like them. As long as there aren't too many, I can make a daily cleanup of the ones that don't belong.
Ok.. But we need to limit it. The Stamford area sports calendar is excessive. So is the composite TV schedule which happens to include a soccer game and a UConn (football) game on the same night. If you could filter it a bit, it might be kind of nice. But what we have now is too much.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

Unfortunetly the Connecticut newspapers do not have rss feeds for uconn soccer or baseball. If you can come up with search criteria that will weed out the unwanted articles, let me know. I believe what I now have is "uconn AND baseball" and "uconn AND soccer."

Maybe something like "uconn AND soccer AND Courant" would be better.

Reaction Score
Unfortunetly the Connecticut newspapers do not have rss feeds for uconn soccer or baseball. If you can come up with search criteria that will weed out the unwanted articles, let me know. I believe what I now have is "uconn AND baseball" and "uconn AND soccer."

Maybe something like "uconn AND soccer AND Courant" would be better.
I'm not sure what exactly would work then. But when you have every article posting into its own thread and half the thread are irrelevant, it's annoying. If you could combine the feeds into one thread that might be decent.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

Between the two of us I think we can keep the site pretty clean of the irrelevant ones. I'm more or less on here on and off throughout the day so it should never really get out of control.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The news feed with the link to the SHU page...

UConn is mentioned in passing twice. Once to say SHU lost to them and once to say UConn was picked to win the Blue Division. Should something like this be kept or deleted? It is a Big East article but not too involved with UConn soccer. I don't have much of an opinion on UConn soccer, but if this were a baseball article I wouldn't be against keeping it since Big East news can be slow in baseball.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think I'll nuke something like that. I kept the Justin Blood article because I think it's an interesting story and his departure will have a big impact on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom