New Yorks College Team | The Boneyard

New Yorks College Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Love how it's written on the Syracuse court. If you need to keep reminding everyone you're obviously not.

I've said it before - if you need to rent space on the side of a building or the top of the taxi cab to tell people you're New York's team, you ain't New York's team.

Reaction Score
I actually like the aggressive approach of advertising.

As we know, if you can create a perception over time, you create reality since the two may be interchangeable.

My license plate reads "The Sunshine State"....of course it is far sunnier in the western states and Florida is ranked #15 for residential solar energy application.

Reaction Score
UConn needs to promote itself in NYC. We just need a better slogan or multiple slogans Something like:

"New York loves a champion".

"Where New York's best play"

New Yorkers also value education. Touting the school academically around the city helps too.
UConn is rapidly eclipsing Cuse and others academically.

Kevin Ollie needs to be the New York Post's source for great quotes. The guy can become a legend in New York with those lines.

Reaction Score
I actually like the aggressive approach of advertising.

As we know, if you can create a perception over time, you create reality since the two may be interchangeable.

My license plate reads "The Sunshine State"....of course it is far sunnier in the western states and Florida is ranked #15 for residential solar energy application.

In a big city with that many distractions, such an ad is the equivalent of a blue serge suit ad. You can pee in that suit, no one will see it, and the man who paid for will experience warm feelings.

Reaction Score
Advertising, just like political ads, usually catch the attention of those who are already sold.

But saying that, I love the ACC advertsing that ESPN throws up during games.....

Like Pelosi watching an Obama ad.

Reaction Score
ACC/ESPN have their own agenda. I noticed that the espn.com site that is city specific to NY appears to cover SU and RU but not UConn and that the Boston site appears to cover BC but not UConn. This to me smacks of an ESPN conflict of interest. The major newspapers in both cities cover UConn, no?

Reaction Score
ACC/ESPN have their own agenda. I noticed that the espn.com site that is city specific to NY appears to cover SU and RU but not UConn and that the Boston site appears to cover BC but not UConn. This to me smacks of an ESPN conflict of interest. The major newspapers in both cities cover UConn, no?

How much money do the major newspapers have invested in UConn?

Not what ESPN has paid for their inventory...Now, if the newspapers paid UConn a million bucks a game to carry a srory, that might besomething else.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You know how they say if a football team has two quarterbacks worthy of starting, then they don't have a starting quarterback at all? Well, the State of Connecticut wants to be identified with the Tri-State Area as well as New England. It seems that because they want to be included in both, the aren't included in either.

Reaction Score
Be prepared...

The Mothership has purchased the college football post season...ESPN is intent on burying the competition...

"ESPN will be the television home for the college football playoff that begins after the 2014 season, thanks to a 12-year deal announced on Wednesday.
The deal covers the national championship game and semifinals as well as bowl games that will be part of the semifinal hosting rotation in years they don't host a semifinal game. Earlier, ESPN announced deals with the Rose, Sugar and Orange Bowls.

The deal goes through the 2025 regular season (2026 bowl games)."

Reaction Score
How much money do the major newspapers have invested in UConn?

Not what ESPN has paid for their inventory...Now, if the newspapers paid UConn a million bucks a game to carry a srory, that might besomething else.

Not sure what your point is here. What exactly are you saying? He's talking about the city ESPN sites. He's making the point that certain schools that are just as far away as UConn get coverage there. As Tranghese said about the old BE and NYC, no one owned it, but you'd be out of your mind not to understand that UConn and Syracuse were the two big factors there.

Reaction Score
Ohhh...Scuuuuuse me...Down heah in the southland we ain't got no city sites....that I know of.

Guess we just had a failure to communicate ....

Reaction Score
UConn needs to promote itself in NYC. We just need a better slogan or multiple slogans Something like:

"New York loves a champion".

"Where New York's best play"

New Yorkers also value education. Touting the school academically around the city helps too.
UConn is rapidly eclipsing Cuse and others academically.

Kevin Ollie needs to be the New York Post's source for great quotes. The guy can become a legend in New York with those lines.

Heck with words, just put a billboard up right next to the Syracuse one with the word ‘UConn’ on top and ‘Any questions?’ on the bottom and in between a picture of the 3 NCAA men’s basketball titles that we have and the 8 women’s.
If there is any extra money, have a TV feed on a continuous loop showing Shabazz’s shot against Florida or Kembra breaking ankles at the Big E tournament.

Reaction Score
Heck with words, just put a billboard up right next to the Syracuse one with the word ‘UConn’ on top and ‘Any questions?’ on the bottom and in between a picture of the 3 NCAA men’s basketball titles that we have and the 8 women’s.
If there is any extra money, have a TV feed on a continuous loop showing Shabazz’s shot against Florida or Kembra breaking ankles at the Big E tournament.
Great idea, include all the NC's Soccer etc. Put one outside the B1G office. Why not a Boneyard project? I'm in for $100.00

Reaction Score
Mr. Conehead said:
Heck with words, just put a billboard up right next to the Syracuse one with the word ‘UConn’ on top and ‘Any questions?’ on the bottom and in between a picture of the 3 NCAA men’s basketball titles that we have and the 8 women’s. If there is any extra money, have a TV feed on a continuous loop showing Shabazz’s shot against Florida or Kembra breaking ankles at the Big E tournament.

I like it.

Reaction Score
Heck, UConn's sports are well known in the "City", how about flashing some highlights/billboards downtown Chicago or right next to B1G hqt's in Rosemont?

Reaction Score
Great idea, include all the NC's Soccer etc. Put one outside the B1G office. Why not a Boneyard project? I'm in for $100.00
Dang, I jumped ahead and posted before reading your comment then saw you beat me to it about B1G hqtrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom