New York Times: Courageous Huskies | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New York Times: Courageous Huskies

Reaction Score
Yep...and how many times have I read a post from a poster quoting supposed conversations with athletes to back up their point.

Sure, the coach may have overstated their eagerness to play.....but I have no reason to doubt it.

“What hurts the most is not being able to play one last game,’’ said co-captain and fullback Sandon McCoy, who was shocked at the announcement. “That’s what we’ve been working for all year.’’

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The people who want less bowls games have huge dumps in their pants. Who wants less football? Other then UConn obviously.

The kids love them. They provide great experience. A chance to play on national TV as the only game on usually. What inconvenience do they provide to you? Other then just another thing to complain about?

Calm down l'il fella. My digestive track is just fine.

I could care less in the grand scheme of things.

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,with more and more players opting out of these games (rightfully so in my opinion) and more and more 5-7 and 6-6 teams getting in, I don't watch any of them any more. There's about 8-10 games worth a damn because of good match ups or the three CFP games. That's it. The rest are background noise while doing something else if I'm home.

As for the players, I think it's great they have a chance to travel one more time for the season, maybe see a part of the country they've never seen, and get some swag.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I know two players that play for Army- I know them and their families very well. Believe me when I say the consensus amongst the players was that this entire season was a shxt show for them and they wished they didn’t have to play in the meaningless bowl game either. The uncertainty of it all and having to compete under abnormal conditions (distancing during practice and coming off quarantine and isolation) was mentally draining. I know three other players (FBS), not as well as the Army kids and they felt the same way- It was a waste. No fans, isolation on the road and in some cases not even dressing in locker rooms.

Teams opted out of bowl games and players opted out of the entire season. Anyone who thinks this season proceeded remarkably well are sadly mistaken and clearly just happy for the entertainment. UConn did the right thing by their players- no matter what their motivation was.
Yep...and how many times have I read a post from a poster quoting supposed conversations with athletes to back up their point.

Sure, the coach may have overstated their eagerness to play.....but I have no reason to doubt it.

Just asking. Is it possible on a team as small as Army with only 80-90 players that some players felt it was a drain this year and they were hoping it would end early while others were loving every second of it wishing for more? In other words, the information you both got was correct and doesn't contradict what the other said.

Reaction Score
Maybe Chin....You know, when ganted weekend liberty, there's always someone who stays in the rack reading a book.

And it makes a difference who is expressing an opinion...a player who isn't getting off of the bench, or a group of senior players wanting to finish off their best season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Only on the BY is 23 out of 100+/- “most of the team”...

70 players in quarantine. I can tell you just in my family, 6 of us had it but only 3 were "confirmed". I can almost guarantee a good deal more than 23 players got Covid this fall.

Reaction Score
A lot of us have been in mandatory quarantine...Back in April, I was under a Health Department notice for the five days that it took for my test to come back negative,

I was under order to stay home...had to sign that notice..and, if anyone came to my house, I had to fill out a form they had given me giving the visitor's name, address, phone number

Contact tracing guarantees that many folks will be under "house arrest"...now, the test results may come back faster than they did for me.

Half of the band (musicians) I hang with was quarantined because they had contact with a bartender who had covid.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
how many times have I read a post from a poster quoting supposed conversations with athletes to back up their point.
Um, 8?
[shrugs]

Reaction Score
70 players in quarantine. I can tell you just in my family, 6 of us had it but only 3 were "confirmed". I can almost guarantee a good deal more than 23 players got Covid this fall.
Not likely. Players were tested at least 2 times a week.Results were accurate.

Reaction Score
CL82...I read a lot of posts...

Football is my thing...I read and comment on Warchant, Tarheel Blitz, GT Hive, Hineygate (Ohio State), WVU Blue and Gold, Dirt Burglars (oklahoma), Tex Ags and occasionaly a few others.

I have been a WVU board poster for 18 years..Hineygate since 1997..Warchant pay board for 19 years....I wish I had a nickel for each post that I have read..LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just asking. Is it possible on a team as small as Army with only 80-90 players that some players felt it was a drain this year and they were hoping it would end early while others were loving every second of it wishing for more? In other words, the information you both got was correct and doesn't contradict what the other said.
I can agree with this statement

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom