New York Liberty @ Los Angeles Sparks - 6/24/18 | The Boneyard

New York Liberty @ Los Angeles Sparks - 6/24/18

Reaction Score
karliesam.jpg

20-16 LAS early in the second

Reaction Score
Good to see Karlie back on the bench. LA is hitting three point shots as Liberty are missing theirs. LA up at half.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That was an arse whipping..

Lots of weird results.. LA gets whipped Friday.. And stomp out NY today.. Dallas does the opposite

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Zahui B. has put together back to back good offensive performances. Her teammates, not so much.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I can't watch them. Too painful. At the beginning of the season, I was cursing the move to Westchester but now, maybe Westchester is not far enough. :(:(:mad::mad:

Reaction Score
Eebmg, too painful may be too mild of a description. The starting five made only 10 baskets . Two of them were three pointers. I guess when Tina is off, the whole team is off. Zahui B provided scoring from the bench. She should be starting.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
At this point, I will rely on those BY's with stronger stomachs than mine to describe any hopeful signs. Is the talent level so different? I dont think so so what the cr#p is it.

Reaction Score
At this point, I will rely on those BY's with stronger stomachs than mine to describe any hopeful signs. Is the talent level so different? I dont think so so what the cr#p is it.

I'm going to try to be objective here because I'm a huge Kia fan. The shooting has generally been inconsistent and that includes Kia but she's a rookie so maybe she gets a pass. She did score 13 points on 4/6 shooting the game before last night's, which is at her average. This doesn't explain why she only played 13 minutes last night and didn't come in until almost the end of the 2nd quarter. She usually leads the team in minutes after Charles. That being said, there is no team chemistry. A lot of bad shoots are taken by historically offense-minded players as if competing with one another for points. IMHO, things seemed to go downhill after Boyd, Rodgers and Prince retuned to the team. I thought it would get better but it has only gotten worse. That's not to say that each doesn't have her moments. Boyd in particular can look like the team's star at times. Aside form Kia, and I say this with extreme objectivity in mind, the perimeter defense is porous. Also, the last two games all the post player (or any player) had to do was drive to the basket to get a trip to the foul line. I have no idea what that's all about. The game before the opponent had 31 foul shots to the Liberty's 10. Go figure. This team is definitely a work in progress but I think it's going to take improved chemistry and a good dose of selflessness to get on a winning track. Just MHO. A good dose of UCONN-style play wouldn't hurt!

Reaction Score
Generally, playoff WNBA teams (top four) have two stars that can be counted on every game, i.e., Nneka and CP3, Griner and DT, Syl and Maya, Stewie and Sue and rising Loyd, ...The Liberty do not have the two stars. They have aging veterans and average support players with Tina being the only star.
Every team has a bench player that can get hot and help with the offense: Williams for Sparks recently, Zahui B and Kia are NY examples.
Objectively, NY looks like Tennessee with more three point shooting. Tina gets the pass low and deals with double teams. The rest of the team pretty much stands around.
What bugs me about WNBA and NBA is the constant bellyaching about fouls not being called. The NBA is way more physical, but fouls are not called on every possession. Boy, am I digressing.
Liberty games are nowhere enjoyable as Geno's teams. I watch because of all the UConn alums. Each year, I anticipate Kiah making an impact, which doesn't happen. She hasn't learned that she has to create more for herself like Kia V. or even Zahui B. She can't wait for the perfect assist to happen from, say Sugar Rodgers.
The season is young, we are only through one third of the schedule.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom