New York Liberty @ Las Vegas Aces - 6/22/18 | The Boneyard

New York Liberty @ Las Vegas Aces - 6/22/18

Reaction Score
When they say Charles is “only” averaging 7 rebounds per game.....absolute craziness “only”

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Tina’s shot is way off so far. But it’s still a winnable game for the Libz...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Ugly game, neither team shooting very well, but Liberty in particular is brutal.

This is my first time watching Plum this year. Stat line is unimpressive, 1 assist 0 points 0-2 from the floor. But she looks okay on the floor to me. She obviously isn't the quickest player but she's not slow, she's gotten past her defender multiple times. She's not aggressively looking for her shot. Just totally different than her college career. Also she's of course not a great defender but she doesn't look like a complete liability to me. She's been platooning w/ Allen who is equally unproductive in terms of stats.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I see a lot of criticism on this board for Zahui B, but she's given NY a big pick me up tonight. Charles got it going in Q3 after struggling in the 1st half. Been mostly Wilson and McBride scoring for LV. Going back and forth w/ about 7 minutes left, looks like it might go down to the wire.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
McBride w/ 27, Wilson w/ 20 (and 14 rebounds I think). 86-78 Aces w/ 16 seconds left, Laimbeer has both of his stars resting on the bench.

edited 88-78 final

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Pretty poor fourth quarter for the Libz. They had a really decent chance to get this game, but as someone once said, “Our greatest hopes and our worst fears are seldom realized.” :(

Reaction Score
6-31 (19%) combined shooting for Hartley, Boyd, Prince and Coleman.

The WNBA is entertaining but would be more entertaining if it didn’t have such a large percentage of players who struggle shooting.

McBride and Wilson were terrific to watch. Hamby had some nice plays (16 pts, 6-9) though she got eaten up on defense by Zahui B and others. Seemed like Z had 20 pts but only 12? Hamby doesn’t have the strength to match up. Still root for her.
Plum is scary handling the ball every game she’s in the final minutes. Boyd was salivating guarding her. You just can’t turnover the ball like she did with 1:30 left.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The game was actually won at FT line. 10/10 for the Liberty and 28/31 for the Aces. Home court advantage? Whatever. The Liberty has to play under better control, and smarter. Lots of freestyle shooting going on. The talent is there but the chemistry isn't, yet. McBride was hitting everything. Got the same feeling in the pit of my stomach as I got watching her play against UCONN. It seems Smith has too many guards. Constantly rotating them and evenly dividing court time isn't going to help the team chemistry IMHO but I'm no expert and certainly not a coach. I miss seeing UCONN's crisp passing and players looking for the best shot.

Reaction Score
Holy smokes. That’s an awful free throw discrepancy 31-10. Great free throw shooting by both teams though.

Reaction Score
Shizam, as you know, you have to generally take it to the rack to get the foul calls. The defense of the Aces forced mid to long range jumpers that usually don't get foul calls. Of course, Aja' got about ten foul calls to her benefit just like college.
I went to bed in the 3rd quarter as I could see how this game was going to turn out. I think the teams have figured out that if they crank up their defense a little and pay attention to Tina as they always do, then the Liberty have to settle for jump shots. This has been the case at least for the last three games. Consistent shooters, the Liberty do not have. I was surprised that Kia had double figure points last night after a 4/6 point effort in the first half.
I am a Liberty fan as well as UConn fan. But, Katie Smith has to figure this out quick as LA Sparks will eat their lunch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom