OT: - New war movie | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: New war movie

Reaction Score
I know a lot guys who went to Vietnam. My business partner earned two Silver Stars during his two tours there. Almost every Vietnam vet I've met thinks Platoon did a very good job of portraying what they went through.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know a lot guys who went to Vietnam. My business partner earned two Silver Stars during his two tours there. Almost every Vietnam vet I've met thinks Platoon did a very good job of portraying what they went through.
If Vietnam realism is what you are looking for I recommend The Anderson Platoon. This was a documentary that won both an Oscar and an Emmy.

Reaction Score
The new Tom Hanks WWII movie "Greyhound" is supposed to be very good. But it's on Apple TV? Who subscribes to that? So, not many people will actually get to see this movie.

It is well worth a watch. Was supposed to be released in theaters but got sold to Apple TV due to Covid.

I have Apple Music so I got a free year of Apple TV. Not enough content for me to pay for it yet but the few things I’ve seen have been good.

Reaction Score
Just watch "THE OUTPOST" last night great Movie and is from a true event.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Caught the last 3/4 of “Midway” on HBO the other night... I’m always in awe that they were mostly just kids.

Just watched the entire movie. The fact that any remake of a solid war movie can be just ok, is pretty sad.

Can anyone explain why it is dedicated to "the Americans and Japanese who fought at Midway?"

F the Japanese who fought at Midway.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The new Tom Hanks WWII movie "Greyhound" is supposed to be very good. But it's on Apple TV? Who subscribes to that? So, not many people will actually get to see this movie.
It is good. There is only a very short piece at the start that isn’t part of the naval battle. They use some nice devices like Tom Hanks never quite hanging time to eat to show the unrelenting nature of the battle.

I got Apple + free for a year when I got my latest iPhone. There are some decent things on there for example Greyhound in the movie Coda. There is another Tom Hanks movie called Finch, which was a sci-fi flick that wasn’t great, but was certainly watchable. The Ted Lasso series is excellent and highly recommended. The series Severance wasn’t my thing, but it got a lot of buzz.

In short, it might be worth ponying up the nine bucks a month for a month or so to go through the things you’d like on it. It is one of those subscriptions that you can toggle on and off whenever you feel like it. Right now, mine is off, but I will pop it back on at some point when they have the last season of Ted Lasso.

1917 is another war movie that is good. Has anyone seen War Horse? I was thinking of taking a look at it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom