New unis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New unis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When I saw them in the dark uni's, I thought maybe SMU brought their home uni's by mistake and we agreed to wear our dark road uniforms instead.

Reaction Score
I don't like them. The old unis were outstanding.

Reaction Score
Agree tops look like sports bras, not wide enough at shoulder.

Shorts are fine. I like late 90s early 2000s unis. Only Uni I own is 2004 Ben Gordon.

LOVE the GRAY UNIS TOO!

Reaction Score
underoos.jpg
I think they really nailed it with these uniforms. It has the retro look from the 90's and early 2000'S while still having a new look to them as well.

if by retro you mean underoos from the 70's, then yes, they nailed it

Reaction Score
The tie dyed pants look more like the product of a frosh manager's inaugural experience with bleach at a laundromat.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Agree tops look like sports bras, not wide enough at shoulder.

I like late 90s early 2000s unis. Only Uni I own is 2004 Ben Gordon.
You do realize the late 90s/2000s shoulders were slim at the shoulders, and not wide...

Reaction Score
We've had some interesting stuff over the last decade from Nike but these were the worst IMO. Remind me of that garbage Adidas was putting on their teams a couple of years back. From the cut of the jersey that paid homage to George Mikan's era to the bland shorts that reminded me of a bathing suit - nothing appealed to me.

You do realize the late 90s/2000s shoulders were slim at the shoulders, and not wide...

But those were v-necks, unlike the ones from last night that were bordering on being spaghetti-strap tops.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
But those were v-necks, unlike the ones from last night that were bordering on being spaghetti-strap tops.

I wasn't speaking on whether they were a v-neck or crew neck (even though the new ones have a slight V to them), but on the shoulder width, I think your memory is a little off, the shoulders on the 2004 squad were the same or slightly thicker than the ones last night
uconn-2000-ben-gordon-air-signature-player.jpg

Reaction Score
I wanna see RED uniforms with the U On uconn is silver and the rest of letters and numbers is white

Reaction Score
I'd be down for red uniforms once a year against a team that doesn't have red in their colors.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
How many times have we worn blue at home? I like that aspect, but these uneys suck. The shoulder straps do look like a sports bra as the toad avatar dude said earlier. Widen it

Reaction Score
I wasn't speaking on whether they were a v-neck or crew neck (even though the new ones have a slight V to them), but on the shoulder width, I think your memory is a little off, the shoulders on the 2004 squad were the same or slightly thicker than the ones last night
Yeah but that doesn't look like it was painted on. Miller and Purvis looked ridiculous with their shoulders and back muscles exploding from these things. Is that like sexy? Are we trying to get more female fans?

Reaction Score

Yeah, those traditional tops from back were quite a bit wider, I dunno if it's the red/white/blue that's throwing you off. The cut is also way different, at no point does the shoulder hole and neck hole run parallel to each other like they did last night. You couldn't see players' pecs from a straight on view back in the day, on the new ones you can.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
These are among my favorite of the UConn unis.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
we won last night, in WBB shorts and Manssieres.....but we won.
Boat has said when he hits powerball he's buying us a new FB stadium.
(Boat Big Wiener stadium if I recall)
- now he will need to buy us BB uneys. It'll be sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom