new uni's | Page 4 | The Boneyard

new uni's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like them. Helmet could be better, but better than last 2 years.
Uniforms are clean.

Reaction Score
The good

Uniforms look good like the style and the numbers. May be our best yet imo

State of ct on the helmet. I don't think any other college team shares a map of the state on the uniform but I dig it

The bad

Husky logo on side of helmet.
Would rather see the block c. Or uconn. Or even my favorite the players uniform number like bama. I would t even mind a plain blue helmet.

The ugly

The red face mask. I put this under ugly but it is. Good ugly in my book

100% Not at all impressed with the helmet. If we couldn't find someone to integrate some defining brand into a modern looking design should have just kept it as simple as possible with numbers or the block C. Would have expected this in the 80's at Memorial Stadium. Uni's are OK but the helmet is another resounding fail in my book.

Reaction Score
Nike gets it right and does great work for James Madison (a FCS program!!!), but we get the shaft (again)...

And this is exactly what I mean. Look at their helmets! And the more I look at the unis the less I like them too. I give up.

Reaction Score
Reality is the uni is clean looking.... but, whoever made Nike put this together has no fashion sense whatsoever. I take that back, they have olllldddd fashion sense. Imo, this look wont help recruiting. Very unappealing.

Reaction Score
Dear Nike Designer of College Football Uniforms,

You should really quit your day job. You've f*@ked us over twice in two years!

Thanks for making us look even worse.

Signed,
UConn Country (all of it)

PS- How come you got Oregon's 3 million jerseys so right, and UConn's TWO so wrong?
I dont think Nike is to blame. They do way better work than this. Its whomever told them to put that uni together. like a maybe a coache's 3 year old kid put it together.

Reaction Score
Nike gets it right and does great work for James Madison (a FCS program!!!), but we get the shaft (again)...

Like i said b4, somebody told Nike to put that new uni together for us. I wonder if HCBD wanted to emphasize his NJ red heritage and put his stamp on the program with the red mask???

Reaction Score
Not sure if they look more like the New England Giants or New York Patriots.

Maybe combining New England's NFL team's colors with NY's NFL team's colors is part of a B1Gger picture?

I see a Giants/Bills/Patriots connection... moreso Bills with their white helmets nowadays

Reaction Score
The jersey is okay, not a home run, but fine. Reminds me of Arizona.
I really like the 3rd uni option a lot.
As for the helmet, ditch the red face mask and let's see it. The logo will take some getting used to, but I wasn't a fan of the block C at first either, and it grew on me after a year (winning games probably helped me adjust).
Hopefully they go with a gray helmet when the use the gray jerseys.

Reaction Score
When I got my first glimpse of these new threads, I thought "Why is UConn copying Navy's uniforms?"

Guess that the Team has transitioned totally away from blue helmets. Too bad, because I loved the blue helmets.
RANT: The white helmets scream incomplete. It reminds me of when the AFC East was first put together: All 5 teams had white helmets. (Patriots, Jets, Bills, Dolphins, Colts) Very generic.
Generic-perfectly describes this new design.

Reaction Score
11045475.jpeg

Meh, bland, as some one else said, soulless, vanilla. Looks cheap. Hope it doesn't reflect our style of play.
Abject fail.
Depressing start to the season.

Reaction Score
I was expecting something flashy like maryland's new uniforms or even Syracuse's new unis. I wish they even used the "Husky eye Blue" somewhere in there trim (I love those eye colors) similar to what the Seattle Seahawks did with their uniforms. If they have those fancy new husky gloves that Sublegacy created- then I'll be a little bit more happier.

Also- can we see the new jerseys on one of those black manakins and put a black visor on the helmet? Maybe we aren't getting a fare shake seeing it on a 6'8 325 pound offensive lineman?

Reaction Score
Interesting. Bunch of negative ninnies!! LOL.

I think if I could I would have a voodoo altar constructed in the courtyard outside Burton's entrance and ritually burn the old helmet and uni's. Worst football ever played in those things. Anything is better and I like the helmet. THe design looks like a hybrid of the Giants/Patsy's to me. I sent the email out last night and got feedback immediately that it reminded of the pats and giants. That's our footprint.

The old uni's and helmets had bad energy. Different is good, and I like it. If we can only line up on offense with some urgency and pace, and get the ball moving and points on the board without turning over, that would be nice too and I would like it.

Reaction Score
Not sure if they look more like the New England Giants or New York Patriots.

Maybe combining New England's NFL team's colors with NY's NFL team's colors is part of a B1Gger picture?

Didn't think of that, but when I got the email last night from the school, I forwarded it on, and the immediate feedback was exactly what you write. Giants fans said it looked like Giants, Patsy's said it looked like Patsy's. Consensus was good from my circle. Get rid of the old ones.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Didn't think of that, but when I got the email last night from the school, I forwarded it on, and the immediate feedback was exactly what you write. Giants fans said it looked like Giants, Patsy's said it looked like Patsy's. Consensus was good from my circle. Get rid of the old ones.

A Giant fan said they reminded them of the Giants?

In what way?

The white helmet? Giants wear royal blue.

The red face mask? The Giants wear gray.

The navy blue top/bottom? The Giants wear royal blue tops and gray bottoms.

Hate to say it, but your friend may be color blind.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Whats with all the red? Is UConn looking to change the team colors or something?

The red facemask is bothersome to me...but hey, to each their own.

I know we are New Yorks team, maybe we are trying to be New Jerseys team too.

Reaction Score
The shoulder just makes no sense. Borderline disturbing for some reason. They should have kept old unis and just changed the helmet. Just can't seem to get anything right at moment. Almost like UCONN has just accepted fact they've been banished to the AAC.

Reaction Score
In my opinion, the red facemasks would probably look better without the useless, bold blue stripe down the middle. But I would ditch the generic stripe, make the facemasks either blue or white, and enlarge the husky logo on each side; much like the Buccaneers' helmets or those graphic design alternative helmets that have been cropping up in recent months. It's just sad that they can't even execute a generic helmet. There's a reason why teams are starting to favor Adidas and Under Armor over Nike.

Reaction Score
Red has been part of the uniform going back. Edsall took the red trim out. Lots of red in this look, more than just trim, but I'm partial to red, white and blue. Dont bother me none.

Reaction Score
Red has been part of the uniform going back. Edsall took the red trim out. Lots of red in this look, more than just trim, but I'm partial to red, white and blue. Dont bother me none.
It has always been on the basketball uniforms as well. I am ok with the red, just not the facemask. I much prefer the white facemask from the brochure that was posted recently or a blue facemask.

Reaction Score
...and decided to make the helmets as generic as possible in order to appease the most fans...

What I wanna know is who are the "most fans" you are referring to? Clearly somebody within Diaco's regime (or Diaco himself) had to make this not so great decision...

And this is no slight against you at all bro... Believe you me, you had this best design ideas for our unis... hands down.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
What I wanna know is who are the "most fans" you are referring to? Clearly somebody within Diaco's regime (or Diaco himself) had to make this not so great decision...

And this is no slight against you at all bro... Believe you me, you had this best design ideas for our unis... hands down.

Does anyone really know who has final say??

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Unless I missed it....I am still waiting for Blackwell...err.....freescooter to chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom