New UConn press guidelines, care of me. | The Boneyard

New UConn press guidelines, care of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I want everyone at UConn to stop using the word 'committed'.

It doesn't mean anything, it isn't true and it makes the fan base want to punch a hole in whatever UConn talking head uses it.

Hathaway used it, Herbst uses it and Warde used it 20 times today. I see red whenever I hear anyone at UConn use that word - it makes me want to run up and punch a guy who outweighs me by about 150 pounds.

Use your duck*ing heads and realize that the last duck*ing this this fan base wants to hear is that we're committed to the Big East. We're not, so if you are, please advise so that we can arrange to have you driven to the state line.

Actually, stop using the word 'conference' as well.

We don't have a conference - we have a loose, temporary, as-yet-unidentified group of schools that we'll have to endure in order to actually field an athletic program. We have nothing in common with any of them - culturally, academically or athletically.

As far as I'm concerned, they all might as well be Martians. The only way I'll ever learn what the surface of Idaho is like is if NASA sends a Rover there.

So stop with the 'committed', 'strengthen' and 'conference' unless you want me at the press conferences throwing my shoes at your heads. We know s*** ain't good right now and you come off as clueless when you pretend that we don't.

And, by God, if anyone at UConn has the balls to ever say that we're a proud member of the Big East, I'm going HFD.

Reaction Score
Welp. You're right of course. It's tone deaf. And I really am starting to feel like I am being lectured by an outsider.

Did you send that to him in a rationally worded note?

Reaction Score
I want everyone at UConn to stop using the word 'committed'.

It doesn't mean anything, it isn't true and it makes the fan base want to punch a hole in whatever UConn talking head uses it.

Hathaway used it, Herbst uses it and Warde used it 20 times today. I see red whenever I hear anyone at UConn use that word - it makes me want to run up and punch a guy who outweighs me by about 150 pounds.

Hey now, Manuel may be a heavy guy, but I don't think he's tipping the scales at 498 pounds.

Reaction Score
Pretty much everything Herbst and Manuel are saying these days pisses me off, it goes way beyond just those buzzwords.

It's the whole "whistling through the graveyard" mentality where they act like every devastating thing that happens to our athletics program is just one more exciting challenge we get to overcome because we're UConn and blah blah blah. They're treating us like idiots. They haven't said one genuine thing.

What makes this even more infuriating is that they're the ****ing newcomers. Don't tell me "we're Connecticut and we're winners and we'll win our way through this". Screw you! I know who the hell we are and what we've done, I've been here, and as such I know things were a lot better before you were hired.

Reaction Score
Let's see... UCONN, Cincy, Temple, and USF......hey! We're a QUARTET! That's our new conference. The Big Bad Quartet...BBQ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom