New UConn Blog Content | The Boneyard

New UConn Blog Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
For all you stats junkies, I have added new content to my UConn blog. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://uconnwbball.blogspot.com/

Based on your predictions, who do you have them losing to in the BE? And it looks like you have them losing to Baylor at home but winning in the NC game?

Thanks.

Reaction Score
I'm not necessarily predicting a loss to any specific team. Just that they will lose to 1 conference foe and 1 non-conference. I actually think we will win the Baylor game. But a surprise loss much like St. John's might happen, hence the 1 conference loss. It's too hard to predict that a team will go undefeated even though it keeps happening every year almost thanks to UConn and Baylor.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
ucdt3 Nice work. I will disagree. UConn will not lose for the next 2 years and depending on who they get in the next recruiting class like A'ja Wilson and B Turner and perhaps Caldwell I dont see them losing this freshman class is way above most upper classmen teams in the country. IMO our defense is too good and our offense puts to many points on the board. All this over course barring injuries.

Reaction Score
Excellent. This resource will be important and well used.

A few constructive criticisms. I suggest you explain what each means or provide a link that explains the definitions. Also, In the formula, you mention TOs. Some might not understand that means TOs Uconn created, not made by Uconn. Granted most fans will know, but there will be many fans who are either new to BB or have never before followed stats.

It would be nice to see the stats broken down by Ave PG (40 minutes). (Like you need more work, Right?) And if you get ultra ambitious, you could design some formulas of your own that provide a better picture of the players defensive prowess, that would be awesome.

Again, you've done a great job. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the input/compliments/page hits. I really appreciate it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ucdt3 Nice work. I will disagree. UConn will not lose for the next 2 years and depending on who they get in the next recruiting class like A'ja Wilson and B Turner and perhaps Caldwell I dont see them losing this freshman class is way above most upper classmen teams in the country. IMO our defense is too good and our offense puts to many points on the board. All this over course barring injuries.
You're learning Tony. :cool:

And if we could get Wilson, Turner, Caldwell along with Ekmark and Calhoun.......daaaayyyeeemn. :) That's a big, big wish list though.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
You're learning Tony. :cool:

And if we could get Wilson, Turner, Caldwell along with Ekmark and Calhoun.......daaaayyyeeemn. :) That's a big, big wish list though.

Well meyers Im pretty sure Calhoun will come and Ekmark is already on her way. Wilson I think we have a good shot at and Turner and Caldwell both from Texas have visited on their own dime. It is my wish list but I like what Ive seen. I think we have a good chance on getting 2 of the three. Dont forget we have alot of schollies open and it just may have been on purpose that those schollies were left open?????

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well meyers Im pretty sure Calhoun will come and Ekmark is already on her way. Wilson I think we have a good shot at and Turner and Caldwell both from Texas have visited on their own dime. It is my wish list but I like what Ive seen. I think we have a good chance on getting 2 of the three. Dont forget we have alot of schollies open and it just may have been on purpose that those schollies were left open?????
Let's hope so. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds