New to the board | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kristin, great name. That was the name of my favorite girlfriend. Oops, gotta go; my wife just came into the room. Hope you enjoy your visits here; there are an awful lot of really smart people on the BY. Awful.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kristin, welcome! Condolences on your loss. I'm sure your father would be pleased that you are continuing as a fan. This can be a long-term adventure.

As a lurker, you probably know a lot about the board, posters, bear-like creatures, friendly visitors from other schools, and even a few folks prone to incite crowds. You probably know that we offer free grammar lessons as part of the membership fee. (Send me unmarked $20 bills at your convenience.)

In addition to the games at Hartford and Storrs, note the Dec. 28 game at MSG. TJI has arranged for a group of 180 or so. Also, Tony is arranging for a group at the Bridgeport Regionals in late March. You can meet LARGE numbers of BYers at one time.

By the way, I have a niece named Kristin (same spelling). She's a bit of a jock, having played both softball and volleyball in high school and now as a runner (when motherhood allows).

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Even this visitor will say "welcome" - even though I am not a UConn fan.

The best thing about the BY - besides being a great community of UConn fans - is the general insight into WBB that you can get on the board. Other boards are neither particularly active nor likely to ever mention other teams.

Reaction Score
Welcome Kristi, I'm brand new here also! I've been following the Huskies for probably 10 years now or so.

I used to be a big NBA (Celtics) fan from the early 60's through the Bird years, but the brand of basketball has changed in that league.

Happily, when I watch the Huskies play now I'm taken back to the Russell - Cousy- Heinsohn, Havlicek, Jones Boys era, and that makes me feel very good. :)

JS

Reaction Score
Well I guess Women's BBall has just gotten their first "one and done"!
Yes and no on the one and done.

One post, but not done reading, including within the past hour or two. She just doesn't seem to have summoned up a second post yet.

C'mon Kristin. You've read enough to know you can say just about anything and raise the smart level around here -- and BTW we don't gauge it for good reason.

12701429_f260.jpg

Reaction Score
Just spent some time trolling VolNation forum. OMG.
I think I'm "one and done"

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kristin seems like a smart girl. She has a 35:1 like-to-post ratio. She knows it's all downhill from there.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Welcome Kristi, I'm brand new here also! I've been following the Huskies for probably 10 years now or so.

I used to be a big NBA (Celtics) fan from the early 60's through the Bird years, but the brand of basketball has changed in that league.

Happily, when I watch the Huskies play now I'm taken back to the Russell - Cousy- Heinsohn, Havlicek, Jones Boys era, and that makes me feel very good. :)

I'm also a newbie to this board and have been a Huskies fan since the days of Lobo because I like the way they play the game. I, too, used to be a Celtics fan before the game changed. Also a Knicks fan during the days of Clyde who I watched play at SIU. Very impressed with Stewie and her expressed desire to build towards and prepare for the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom