New Thought: No Luke or Kimani without NIL/Transfer Portal | The Boneyard

New Thought: No Luke or Kimani without NIL/Transfer Portal

Reaction Score
Just a random thought that came to my mind was the importance of the changing college landscape to our back to back and future dynasty hopes.

Hurley really pushed to get Luke and Kimani head coaching jobs right before and after their first title. We got lucky that other teams hired coaches while we were on our post season run.

He has changed his tune over the last year by saying with the new landscape they should not leave unless it is an extremely competitive high major due to inability to develop players at smaller programs due to the transfer portal and NIL.

In an alternate universe after the first championship Kimani is at a Iona and Luke is at Fordham and Hurley is looking to find a new Associate Head Coach and offensive mind.

They are invaluable to maintaining the culture and finding recruits. I think it frees Hurley to maintain a big picture view and really focus on getting UConn to the elite of the elite. We are so lucky to have the staff that we do.

Reaction Score
Just a random thought that came to my mind was the importance of the changing college landscape to our back to back and future dynasty hopes.

Hurley really pushed to get Luke and Kimani head coaching jobs right before and after their first title. We got lucky that other teams hired coaches while we were on our post season run.

He has changed his tune over the last year by saying with the new landscape they should not leave unless it is an extremely competitive high major due to inability to develop players at smaller programs due to the transfer portal and NIL.

In an alternate universe after the first championship Kimani is at a Iona and Luke is at Fordham and Hurley is looking to find a new Associate Head Coach and offensive mind.

They are invaluable to maintaining the culture and finding recruits. I think it frees Hurley to maintain a big picture view and really focus on getting UConn to the elite of the elite. We are so lucky to have the staff that we do.
1728778390507.jpeg

Reaction Score
Based on your subject... I was pretty sure this was going to be about how we wouldn't be where we are without the portal and
Newton, Calcaterra, Diarra and Spencer.

Reaction Score
Based on your subject... I was pretty sure this was going to be about how we wouldn't be where we are without the portal and
Newton, Calcaterra, Diarra and Spencer.
Fair point lol. Edited it to make a bit more sense.

Reaction Score
Yes, together they are historically good! It’s also why Danny pursued the Lakers job. They are both being compensated accordingly, deservedly so.

Reaction Score
uconn also upped their pay. they can afford to wait now.

Reaction Score
Major jobs almost require someone with head coaching experience at a high level. Our guys could probably do that very well, but their “lack of experience” as head coaches helps us keep them (as long as the money is good)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom