New Streaming Service | The Boneyard

New Streaming Service

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It's only a good idea if people don't have to pay extra for this.
I would guess you will pay for each channel, small bundles of products, or the total package. They haven't defined how they will capitalize the business or consumer pricing.

Reaction Score
We go from cable, to streaming wars, to a new more focus package (back to cable)?

Reaction Score
It's only a good idea if people don't have to pay extra for this.
No of course they will make us pay. For years non sports fans subsidized us sports watchers via the cable bundle. Now that cable is dying they will squeeze us for every dime to make up for that loss of revenue. They being the sports leagues.

Reaction Score
All of the people clamoring that they are going to cut the cord, ditch cable, and stream everything should ask themselves these questions. 1) Is your current ISP a cable provider? 2) If yes what do you think will happen to the price of your internet and streaming packages when no one wants to pay for cable? The house always wins.

Reaction Score
All of the people clamoring that they are going to cut the cord, ditch cable, and stream everything should ask themselves these questions. 1) Is your current ISP a cable provider? 2) If yes what do you think will happen to the price of your internet and streaming packages when no one wants to pay for cable? The house always wins.
In theory, direct services like these should be cheaper and the cost of Internet shouldn't increase. Cable companies already don't make much on cable and mostly offer incentives because providing Internet is pretty cheap and is where the margins are. (Same with landline and mobile services)

In reality, stock number always has to go up, so whenever there's an issue they'll just press the increase rates button instead of streamlining their businesses and investing in better equipment.

Reaction Score
We recently cut the cord, and I'm actually spending more. It's been a benefit to the local sports pub though.

Chris Farley Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

Reaction Score
We recently cut the cord, and I'm actually spending more. It's been a benefit to the local sports pub though.

This. I cut the cord 3-4 years ago and I’m now paying 2-3x what I was paying at the start. I’ve looked going back to cable, but it’s crazy expensive now too. End result, if you want TV and especially sports you’re going to have to pay.

Reaction Score
High-speed internet still needs to find its way to much of the rural areas of the country. Until that happens, cable won't die. It will just shrink. Right now, it is cost prohibitive to provide high speed internet to many rural areas of the country.

Reaction Score
except there's competition in the ISP market, especially with fiber providers.

Reaction Score

You're doing something wrong then.

Reaction Score
The most interesting part of this report, to me , is the partnership of ESPN and Fox. Two rivals…SEC and Big Ten broadcasters. A natural platform for the P2.

Reaction Score
Love this. No more Hulu live. I’d pay $30 a month for it during basketball seasonZ
As of now, no NBC, Peacock, CBS, regional sports nets, Golf Channel,... which carry a ton of sports including NFL, Masters golf, Olympics, Red Sox, Yankees, Knicks, Celtics,.... And, there are a ton of issues here. For example, if Warner Brothers doesn't win some of the NBA content, they are probably out of the alliance. They didn't issue many details, so right now, this is just an idea.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't know, but I do know the existing tax and surcharge structure that overlay cable doesn't overlay Internet at least not yet. Even if your supposition is right, though, and cost escalated some point in the future, it makes zero sense not to take advantage of the differential today.

Reaction Score
We cut the cord a few years back and we pay less. When we had cable we already had Netflix. We still have Netflix, we added YouTube TV and we get HBO (Max) free from our ATT cell package.

Big East on FS1 through YouTube TV is convenient. Easily watching YouTube TV on the iPhone app is an added convenience. YouTube TV has just about all I care to watch.

I rarely go out of my way to watch something that is not easily available. I refuse to do fESPN+. 2 or 3 trips a year to a pub to watch something that I don’t get is just a good excuse for wings and beer.

Reaction Score
Is there a way to get Fox Sports without getting Hulu live? I only watch UConn, and it is usually on Fox Sports. If there is a way to get that without Hulu live, I did cancel that.

Reaction Score
Is there a way to get Fox Sports without getting Hulu live? I only watch UConn, and it is usually on Fox Sports. If there is a way to get that without Hulu live, I did cancel that.
Per above, YouTube TV

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
This will be cheap for a year or two and then before you know it the sports package will be $100/mo
And there will still be commercials.

Reaction Score
Per above, YouTube TV
YouTube TV isn't much cheaper, and you don't get Disney and ESPN+ with it. I guess we need a guide on the cheapest way to watch UConn. Hulu live+ Disney+ ESPN+ is probably one of the better deals out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom