New starting 5 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New starting 5

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Glad Gaff got the start but disappointed he got stuck on the bench for most of the half. Short leash?

Drew two fouls early on. Second one was on a weak close out near the rim right after he nailed that pull up 17 ft jump shot.

Be interesting to see what Hurley does. Play the hot hand with Cole or give Gaff the ball to start the second half.

Reaction Score
If Ed Cooley has any clue he’ll press the hell out of this lineup. No ball handlers and Gaff is iffy at best
Smart call. Glad you could see pre-game this but our coach couldn’t... for 30 minutes of the game

Reaction Score
Diggins- Cole
Hawkins- Gaff
Jackson-Adams
Martin- Akok
Sanogo- Johnson

i think we'll have the best frontcourt in the BE next year, but the backcourt will be awful if we can't get a good 20 mpg out of our top 50 freshmen guards

forget what i said about needing another big. i'd like a grad transfer PG and transfer W

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills with the way people talk about Gaffney on this board.

At least when Cole is playing the 1 it looks like they're trying to score.
mebbe we should back the truck up, and examine ur insight on polley, tyler. what will we find there?

Reaction Score
When Bouk comes back (fingers crossed it’s tomorrow), I’m having a hard time finding the easy choice to pull from our current lineup. Obv you have Gaff or Cole, but then of the 4 of Jackson, Martin, Sanogo, or Whaley, really any of them could come out. Whaley and Sanogo staying in makes sense to stay big and continue pounding the offensive glass.
Jackson has really changed our dynamic since he emerged, and I find it very very intriguing to have him play alongside Bouk, so I’m inclined to say Martin, but it’s so tough to pull him too. But, he’s the type of player that can create his own shot and can hold his own, so having him off the bench makes the most sense.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
When Bouk comes back (fingers crossed it’s tomorrow), I’m having a hard time finding the easy choice to pull from our current lineup. Obv you have Gaff or Cole, but then of the 4 of Jackson, Martin, Sanogo, or Whaley, really any of them could come out. Whaley and Sanogo staying in makes sense to stay big and continue pounding the offensive glass.
Jackson has really changed our dynamic since he emerged, and I find it very very intriguing to have him play alongside Bouk, so I’m inclined to say Martin, but it’s so tough to pull him too. But, he’s the type of player that can create his own shot and can hold his own, so having him off the bench makes the most sense.

Thoughts?
Depends on if we are going to keep RJ coming off the bench or not (so him or Gaffney could be interchangeable) RJ - bouk - Martin - Whaley - sanogo... Jackson, Gaffney, Polley, akok off the bench in that order for now I’d say

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Depends on if we are going to keep RJ coming off the bench or not (so him or Gaffney could be interchangeable) RJ - bouk - Martin - Whaley - sanogo... Jackson, Gaffney, Polley, akok off the bench in that order for now I’d say
I like Jackson off the bench (once bouk is back) cause he can play any position 1-4. I also Jackson playing with polley

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll go with:

Cole
Bouk
Martin
Whaley
Sanogo

As soon as offense stagnates I'm bringing in Jackson.

Cole
Bouk
Jackson
Martin
Whaley

Then (assuming no foul trouble or injuries I bring in Gaff, Akok and Polley

Gaff
Jackson
Polley
Akok
Whaley

After that, figure out the match ups and hot hands and ride 'em. It's going to take a couple of games to get Bouk in to condition but he was healthy over the summer and played at beginning of the season. Akok still has to literally and figuratively get his game legs back underneath him.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Diggins- Cole
Hawkins- Gaff
Jackson-Adams
Martin- Akok
Sanogo- Johnson

i think we'll have the best frontcourt in the BE next year, but the backcourt will be awful if we can't get a good 20 mpg out of our top 50 freshmen guards

forget what i said about needing another big. i'd like a grad transfer PG and transfer W
I'll be shocked if Diggins is better than Cole and Gaff next year.

Reaction Score
I'll be shocked if Diggins is better than Cole and Gaff next year.
but not hawkins?
cole seems to play better off the bench so i was taking that into consideration. i wont be shocked if diggins plays as much as gaff tho. either way i'd feel a lot better if hurley brings in a grad transfer PG as i said. still have 2 schollys to fill and the frontcourt is stacked. have to assume hurley reinforces the backcourt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll go with:

Cole
Bouk
Martin
Whaley
Sanogo

As soon as offense stagnates I'm bringing in Jackson.

Cole
Bouk
Jackson
Martin
Whaley

Then (assuming no foul trouble or injuries I bring in Gaff, Akok and Polley

Gaff
Jackson
Polley
Akok
Whaley

After that, figure out the match ups and hot hands and ride 'em. It's going to take a couple of games to get Bouk in to condition but he was healthy over the summer and played at beginning of the season. Akok still has to literally and figuratively get his game legs back underneath him.
I like your second lineup. Reminds me of the end of last year with Whaley at the 5 and the floor spacing. A lot of those guys can get to the rim and hit the 3. Still agree start sanogo. But if we want to get out and run we need either Whaley or sanogo on the floor at one time IMO.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

Thoughts?
good problem to have. if all are back in one piece, we don't need nuthin. win the whole dang thing now, this year. opportunity is getting closer and closer to our front door, carrying a framing, or mebbe it's a sledge, hammer.
and oh, if james plays anytime between now and next week, then his return will have come four to six weeks from the day coach dan told us '4 to 6 weeks.' thanks coach. now, go get em!

Last edited:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
but not hawkins?
cole seems to play better off the bench so i was taking that into consideration. i wont be shocked if diggins plays as much as gaff tho. either way i'd feel a lot better if hurley brings in a grad transfer PG as i said. still have 2 schollys to fill and the frontcourt is stacked. have to assume hurley reinforces the backcourt.
Yeah I think Hawkins will be an immediate contributer. Can never have enough 3 and D wings, and hed be our only traditional one. Maybe im just too optimistic that at least one of our upperclassmen points will be much improved next season.

Reaction Score
but not hawkins?
Cole was better off the bench because losing his starting spot gave him the kick in the butt he needed. He responded in huge fashion with 24 and 7. Props to Coach Hurley for making the right move and to RJ for stepping up. I'd be surprised if he's out of the starting lineup again.

Reaction Score
i think our best all around lineup will be:
cole
bouk
jackson
martin
whaley/sanogo

i could go either way at the 5 (for offense go sanogo, defense go whaley). just don’t play those two together at the 4/5, it loses us too much on offense.

also, i like the flexibility of playing jackson with cole, as andre can create & cole is able to move off ball as a great spot up shooter.

Reaction Score
i think our best all around lineup will be:
cole
bouk
jackson
martin
whaley/sanogo

i could go either way at the 5 (for offense go sanogo, defense go whaley). just don’t play those two together at the 4/5, it loses us too much on offense.

also, i like the flexibility of playing jackson with cole, as andre can create & cole is able to move off ball as a great spot up shooter.
Cole is our best at bringing the ball up against pressure, but he can really shine playing off the ball, especially with Bouk drawing major attention and Andre looking to distribute. Fun to think about the 3 of them out there together with Martin and Sanogo. All 5 can shine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom