New Star Wars Trailer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Star Wars Trailer

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is not totally excited by these movies? I'm a die hard Star Wars fan and am excited when I see these trailers but I read the majority of the books written that continued the series after ROTJ and I am not pleased that they want to now change the timeline in an "alternate timeline" type move. If anyone hasn't read the books, do yourself a favor and read some. The Rogue Squadron series is fantastic as Wedge is one of my favorite minor characters and he's the main character of this series.

I also can't wrap my mind yet around having an ancient Han Solo and Luke and Leia.

My verdict is still out on this path. Maybe because I feel completely burned by the Prequel movies and how awful they were. Maybe because my inner Star Wars nerd can't change the book story path and all the development that went into that whole trend. It's hard for me to now form a different story line in my mind after I know all that happens to Han, Leia, Luke, etc based on the books timeline.

I'll be there opening weekend, maybe opening night if it's not on Christmas Day, but I'm tempering my expectations. :(

I hated the prequels so much that they've colored any excitement I might feel towards the new movies. I've watched the original 3 over and over again over the years, but have only seen the prequel-3 one time a piece.

Reaction Score
I hated the prequels so much that they've colored any excitement I might feel towards the new movies. I've watched the original 3 over and over again over the years, but have only seen the prequel-3 one time a piece.

I think the trailers just have a more authentic feel to them. They just look and sound like what Star Wars should be after 30+ years of cinematic innovation.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I find the Plinkett review to be an angry fanboy review of the prequels where the reviewer is mad because they aren't as good as his adolescent, nostalgic memory of IV and V. Also, the reviewer strikes me as the kind of person that has been sending Lucas unsolicited script ideas for the last 20 years..

Anakin is clearly the central character of the prequels. The fact that Christiansen is terrible is a different topic entirely. The rest of the review is complaining about plot holes, some of which are relatively minor. Every big budget movie targeting young adults (particularly young adult males) has plot holes.

Reaction Score
I find the Plinkett review to be an angry fanboy review of the prequels where the reviewer is mad because they aren't as good as his adolescent, nostalgic memory of IV and V. Also, the reviewer strikes me as the kind of person that has been sending Lucas unsolicited script ideas for the last 20 years..

Anakin is clearly the central character of the prequels. The fact that Christiansen is terrible is a different topic entirely. The rest of the review is complaining about plot holes, some of which are relatively minor. Every big budget movie targeting young adults (particularly young adult males) has plot holes.

1-3 made us all angry fanboys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom