New roster is up | The Boneyard

New roster is up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Glad to see L&P back.
I thought for a minute you were doing an off topic about a grocery chain or something like A&P. I guess I'll never get acclimated to people who were either in the military and had initials for everything or tweeters or texters who often do exactly that same thing. I still have a tendency to write out all things!

Reaction Score
Asia Durr probably got a sneek peek at that list and decided that 8 guards is already too many in that position
and replaced UConn in her list with one of the other schools :)

Reaction Score
Calling all UConn roster history experts: When is the last time there were two players from Connecticut on the roster at the same time?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Morgan listed as JR. Should be like Natalie, RS SO.

Either KML shrunk an inch or they finally got it about right.

There are some unusual blue symbols by the names of some players and coaches. Anybody know what they represent?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score

There are some unusual blue symbols by the names of some players and coaches. Anybody know what they represent?
Those are ears and they help with pronunciation. If you hover your mouse over them, they give the phonetic spelling.

Reaction Score
Those are ears and they help with pronunciation. If you hover your mouse over them, they give the phonetic spelling.
And apparently, the person who gives us the phonetic spellings thinks we'll know that "RIE" is pronounced like "RYE." As in, what, Riesling? The riel? Aerie? Ariel? Brief? There must be some word in English where "rie" is pronounced that way. That's a question for WireChief and his fans.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is anyone else impressed by KML's resume?

Despite missing 12 games, she likely will finish 3rd in UConn career scoring and 1st in 3-pointers made. She has a chance at Laurie Koehn's NCAA career 3-point mark and, if not for missing 12 games, might have threatened J.J. Redick's mark.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

I wondered that as well, or do they wait til her SR. year?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Is anyone else impressed by KML's resume?

Despite missing 12 games, she likely will finish 3rd in UConn career scoring and 1st in 3-pointers made. She has a chance at Laurie Koehn's NCAA career 3-point mark and, if not for missing 12 games, might have threatened J.J. Redick's mark.[/QUOTE
:cool:
Minor complaint. I never like comparing men and women hoops stats. Like comparing a softball pitcher's no-hitters to a hardball pitcher. The sports look the same, but they aren't. KML is great in women's hoops and would have struggled mightily to get a shot off against Redick's competition. ;)

She is one player whose improved versatility is as good as anyone we've had. She came in with the rep as a one trick pony - a very good trick at that - but she sure is much more than that. If she has bad luck at all, is that she gets forgotten at times because of Stewie. I hope I opponents forget all about her.

Reaction Score
Let's all hope this roster stays injury & illness free all season! After the last several years the BB Gods owe us that much!

Reaction Score
I thought for a minute you were doing an off topic about a grocery chain or something like A&P. I guess I'll never get acclimated to people who were either in the military and had initials for everything or tweeters or texters who often do exactly that same thing. I still have a tendency to write out all things!
I was too busy making my sandwich.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
No uni numbers for the freshies? That is just silly. What are they waiting for? Nike to assign them????

I don't think they can get numbers until they get their official uniforms, which will not be until practice starts in the fall.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Interesting that there is a subtle difference in pronunciation of Breanna and Briana. Also, we need to get a guide for pronouncing Moriah (duh), while there's no need for Tierney or Shea, which are at least as problematic?

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Asia Durr probably got a sneek peek at that list and decided that 8 guards is already too many in that position
and replaced UConn in her list with one of the other schools :)
Asia Durr has moved on from UConn, maybe you should move on from her, sheesh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom