New rivals??? | The Boneyard

New rivals???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"We will not fall to the level of the Big East Conference."

Reaction Score
people ....wake up! We are both in the same basket here! Neither one of us are a "football threat" but maybe we should be friends and make a good thing. There is lots of money to be had and if the right schools band together we could do something big.

Reaction Score
Im going to say to this as nice as I can, UCONN doesnt matter as football is concerned. Dont attack me, Im trying to make a point here. My thing is the Big 12 will get $125mill + after we get the shaft from the OU, UT, aTM.....fine. The faithful5 (KU,KSU,MU,ISU,BU) actually have cards to play. Conference cant dissolve, we will get the money plus the BCS contract plus the tv contract for another 3 years I believe. Come join us and start something that could be ground breaking! The "forgotten" schools rise up and take over this craphole realignment stuff!

Reaction Score
I have nothing against ISU...kind of like them actually. But I'm not going to lie, I think the majority of us here want an ACC invite...badly. Anything else is a disappointment imo.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I like ISU and hope to play you guys again in multiple sports. I don't see enough dislike between the two schools to start a true rivalry game, but you guys are headed in the right direction.

I want a Big 10 invite, and at this point I feel one is fairly likely. The Big 10 needs a share of the New England/NYC market so the ACC doesn't totally take it over.

Reaction Score
I have nothing against ISU...kind of like them actually. But I'm not going to lie, I think the majority of us here want an ACC invite...badly. Anything else is a disappointment imo.

Yeah, I agree. For me I just can't stand the thought of playing in a conference without Pitt and Cuse in it. Just wouldn't be right.

Reaction Score
I like ISU and hope to play you guys again in multiple sports. I don't see enough dislike between the two schools to start a true rivalry game, but you guys are headed in the right direction.

I want a Big 10 invite, and at this point I feel one is fairly likely. The Big 10 needs a share of the New England/NYC market so the ACC doesn't totally take it over.[/quote
Good luck with that. If you dont bring football revenue, you wont be invited to the "big kid table" (sarcasm) Bball wont carry as far as you would like. Trust me, im a Uconn fan but bball doesnt matter. Its all football.....period!

Reaction Score

Explain to me how that happens? What is your scenario? Our best chance is that the B10x looks at us and the match match works. That math is household times cost >= the cost of taking UConn....that is the only way we get asked to join any conference....

btw...isu just beat u at home... in from of 35K fans in a stadium which holds 42K....

Reaction Score
Before my board calls me out, Ive always be ISU but UCONN is second! We've been having issues with sellout tejas fans lately.

Reaction Score
Explain to me how that happens? What is your scenario? Our best chance is that the B10x looks at us and the match match works. That math is household times cost >= the cost of taking UConn....that is the only way we get asked to join any conference....

btw...isu just beat u at home... in from of 35K fans in a stadium which holds 42K....

Before you jump my ass, UCONN doesnt bring in TV revenue I assume. The big10 is so pretentious about Who they let and is So worried about academics and TV money. Does UCONN bring in lots of TV's compared to lets say Syracuse or whoever? Im just saying. Probably bad comparison. I just hate to burst bubbles and it's not because I'm butt hurt, just dont hope for a Big10 invite, not gonna happen. They want TV's period (football)!

Reaction Score
Before you jump my ass, UCONN doesnt bring in TV revenue I assume. The big10 is so pretentious about Who they let and is So worried about academics and TV money. Does UCONN bring in lots of TV's compared to lets say Syracuse or whoever? Im just saying. Probably bad comparison. I just hate to burst bubbles and it's not because I'm butt hurt, just dont hope for a Big10 invite, not gonna happen. They want TV's period (football)!

Not jumping on your ass, just trying to have a reality based discussion. If you think I was doing so I apologize. I agree with you, it's all about dollars. The Syracuse comparison is off the table once they are in the ACC. I think the ACC is out for UConn too. I wrote MATH but spell check changed it to match. I agree with you it' about money.

Reaction Score

I see it like this.....The Big XII gets 125mill + buyouts from these schools, we have a TV contract with FOX and plus we have a BCS contract till 2013(I believe) Why not merge the best of the Big East and Big 12 and make our own stand? Its possible!!!! Take KU, KSU, ISU, MU and BU and meld them with the rest of the Big East teams? Have different divisions and/or four in bball.

Reaction Score
If only i was in charge! HAHA!

Seriously though, I could see a merged conference with midwest league and east coast league. Obviously Im only taking bball into play here.

Reaction Score
DeCYded, I'd be okay with that conference if it retained a BCS status.

Sucks that a lot of traditional rivalries are gone, and travel will be a bit wacky, but any port in a storm right?

Reaction Score

My scenario? What the hell are you talking about? My scenario is, I don't care how it happens, I'd like us to end up in the ACC. That's my personal preference. Is that ok with you?

And yeah, I realize we lost yesterday. Do I need to wage a holy war on every team that has ever beaten us? Come on...

Reaction Score
My thought is "Why not band together before we get screwed"

Better check your shorts because it already happened after our administrators got drunk on the loyalty cool-aid.

Reaction Score
My scenario? What the hell are you talking about? My scenario is, I don't care how it happens, I'd like us to end up in the ACC. That's my personal preference. Is that ok with you?

And yeah, I realize we lost yesterday. Do I need to wage a holy war on every team that has ever beaten us? Come on...

Beating Uconn yesterday has nothing to do with what I'm talking about at all. Im just trying to prepare you guys for the realization that BBALL DOESNT MATTER! Good luck with wherever you end up....wont be the big 10 is all im saying. Pal, as far as Im concerned my school is homeless. You have a better chance of catching the super conference chain than we do just cause of bball. (hope ISU gets a chance to play you guys in bball this year)

Reaction Score
Beating Uconn yesterday has nothing to do with what I'm talking about at all. Im just trying to prepare you guys for the realization that BBALL DOESNT MATTER! Good luck with wherever you end up....wont be the big 10 is all im saying. Pal, as far as Im concerned my school is homeless. You have a better chance of catching the super conference chain than we do just cause of bball. (hope ISU gets a chance to play you guys in bball this year)
No, dude, I wasn't responding to you with that. If we end up together, cool, should make for some good match-ups. I'm just saying where I'd rather see us end up.

Reaction Score
The whole point of the "Rivals" post was one of your fans pushed a mascot down some stairs. I've over looked that lapse in judgment because there is always that one guy in every crowd. I'm just saying maybe a we should think about the future. Its quite possible that we could playing UCONN on a regular basis. Welcome to the BigXII! HAHA (sarcasm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom