New Recruiting Name Is Local Kid: Abbie Wolf | The Boneyard

New Recruiting Name Is Local Kid: Abbie Wolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A 6-4 Junior center at Greenwich High, Wolf was watched by Shea Ralph a week ago. Jim Fuller has piece on this news here:

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/12/connecticut-post-on-uconns-radar.html

Her coach was quoted as saying she's being recruited by UConn, Vandy, Miami, Clemson, South Carolina, and others in the following article.

http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports...tball-team-has-high-5946376.php#photo-7249698

ESPN has her as a 3-star, 90-rated player at the moment.

USJN-July 2014: Long and agile faceup-5 offers shot blocking presence; competes on glass, rebounds and initiates fast break; nimble footwork in key with emerging offensive skill set.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/203048/abbie-wolf

There is a pretty long highlight video from her sophomore season at this link:

http://www.cbcgirls.com/abbie-wolf

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Tell you what, you don't see 6-4 players handle the ball and dribble drive like she's doing in some of those highlights. Wolf plays volleyball too and she definitely looks like that kind of quick, lean athlete here.

Reaction Score
She looks very athletic, and smart. However, she is playing against weak competition - did she play high level AAU ?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
did she play high level AAU ?

Doesn't appear so. Maybe she's a late bloomer or just an overlooked player in a small state. She supposedly has offers from 15 D1 schools right now.

Reaction Score
Another kid from in state? Really? As much as I want kids from in state to succeed at the next level, it's apparent that they do not succeed at UC. Shall we go through the list, or should we just leave it at that. OK, I realize that I will be bombarded with comments about Maria Conlon, Jennifer Rizzoti, and Nkeysha Sales, but cmon people that was quite a while ago. When was there a real talent from in state, in the last few years? Face it, Connecticut does not produce top of the line talent, or at least talent that can compete in Geno's world. Why is it that UC recruits the best talent from outside the state? Because outside Connecticut is where the best talent is.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Another kid from in state? Really? As much as I want kids from in state to succeed at the next level, it's apparent that they do not succeed at UC. Shall we go through the list, or should we just leave it at that. OK, I realize that I will be bombarded with comments about Maria Conlon, Jennifer Rizzoti, and Nkeysha Sales, but cmon people that was quite a while ago. When was there a real talent from in state, in the last few years? Face it, Connecticut does not produce top of the line talent, or at least talent that can compete in Geno's world. Why is it that UC recruits the best talent from outside the state? Because outside Connecticut is where the best talent is.

Email Geno...he needs to know this. CC his Asst coaches, and Assoc Coach, as well.

Reaction Score
Handles the ball well for a big, and I liked the fact that she gets out on the break quickly. She also handles the ball well in traffic AND she has a nice touch from 3 land! Yeah, I know, this is a highlight film, and the strength of her competition has to be taken into consideration. Definitely worth a long look, though.

Reaction Score
Her Greenwich team got crushed last night by Wilton 92-52. No mention of Wolf in the Wilton Bulletin recap:
http://www.wiltonbulletin.com/33448/cunningham-helps-wilton-girls-crush-greenwich-92-52/

junior center Abbie Wolf had 15 of her 17 points in the second half
"They're definitely the team to beat in the league," said Wolf, who picked up two quick fouls in the opening quarter. "They shot the ball well and got off to a fast start. We have to rebound from this."

http://www.greenwichtime.com/sports...-Wilton-upends-Greenwich-in-FCIAC-5969923.php

Reaction Score
Geno will recruit her if he feels she is talented enough. simple enough. what state she resides has nothing to do with recruiting her. He and coaching staff will watch her and make their decision to recruit her or not. Time will tell.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Geno will recruit her if he feels she is talented enough. simple enough. what state she resides has nothing to do with recruiting her. He and coaching staff will watch her and make their decision to recruit her or not. Time will tell.

He'd recruit from Alaska if it was warranted...wait...

Reaction Score
Think I heard Stokes is already doing that, MIL. Pretty smart bunch in general, I'm sure.

Reaction Score
You yourself have said that there has been some amazing UConn players from the state of Connecticut so why would we presume that there won't be others???? In general, the state hasn't been a hotbed of overtly talented major college women basketball players but there have been more than a few. We shouldn't overlook anyone from anywhere in the search for the type of player that has helped make UConn the greatest women's basketball power in NCAA history. I think Geno has had a pretty impressive success rate with his recruiting the "right type" players so I'd say, just leave it to him and his wonderful staff.

Reaction Score
Should of kept recruiting Bria Holmes

Reaction Score
FYI - Coach Auriemma was at the Greenwich game at Fairfield Ludlowe this evening.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They must be fairly serious about her. Just a thought in my head, but I wonder if this signals any doubts about Cox on their part. Maybe a plan B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom