New reality for Florida State, Miami, and others | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New reality for Florida State, Miami, and others

Reaction Score
I wouldn't say they are loaded. The line of scrimmage is an issue for them, which is why he seems to be going after every offensive lineman under the sun. They have a weird roster. Really good in some areas, not so much in others. Skill positions, QB and secondary look really good. Everything else is a wait and see, I think anyway.
Exactly my point about Miami. The roster is loaded with highly ranked talent, but will they perform? In the past 4 recruiting classes, they have brought in on the DL: 1 5*, 7 4*, and 6 3*s, yet they added 5 transfer DL from the portal for this year. Recruiting (at least getting highly ranked kids), which is Cristobal's strength, is not the main problem at Miami.

As for expectations. Miami is expected to be ranked this year and I have seen rankings from 9 to 24. ESPN's FPI is predicting a 9-3 record and ranks them 9. Based on the talent on the roster including a good experienced QB, a manageable schedule, and a renewed commitment to football, I would think anything less than a final top 20 ranking will be considered a disappointment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Cristobal icing and shelving TO chain at the U.

Seems to be implying defenders were focusing on trying to create TO's and getting chain over disciplined defensive plays.

Reaction Score
Cristobal icing and shelving TO chain at the U.

Seems to be implying defenders were focusing on trying to create TO's and getting chain over disciplined defensive plays.
They sure as hell never tackled anybody. Maybe they were too busy trying to strip the ball.

Reaction Score
Exactly my point about Miami. The roster is loaded with highly ranked talent, but will they perform? In the past 4 recruiting classes, they have brought in on the DL: 1 5*, 7 4*, and 6 3*s, yet they added 5 transfer DL from the portal for this year. Recruiting (at least getting highly ranked kids), which is Cristobal's strength, is not the main problem at Miami.

As for expectations. Miami is expected to be ranked this year and I have seen rankings from 9 to 24. ESPN's FPI is predicting a 9-3 record and ranks them 9. Based on the talent on the roster including a good experienced QB, a manageable schedule, and a renewed commitment to football, I would think anything less than a final top 20 ranking will be considered a disappointment.
I would agree they should finish in the top 20 and should probably win their division of their conference. I just don't think they are physical enough to be really good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom