New Realignment Mojo Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Realignment Mojo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I keep looking at the BIG logo and it occurs to me that the.'G' in the logo keeps looking like a '6.' Doesn't that obviously mean that they WILL expand to 16 soon and they've already developed the logo to reflect that? The only question is, "who's our partner?'

Officially, no, absolutely not, just quite a coincidence (wink, wink).

Reaction Score
So the big majority of NE wants us to win, and 50% of NY State wants us to win (I'm guessing the 50% that voted no wear orange). Was surprised as many as 43% in Florida were pulling for UConn (thanks Noles, Canes, and fellow AAC members USF/UCF all rooting against UF no doubt).
Poll was on the Women winning a record 9th title.

Reaction Score
I think we should send in our membership dues and just start showing up to meetings. That works for 95% of the professional associations I'm familiar with. Sure, we may have to awkwardly stand around next to the veggie tray for a while but buy a few rounds of drinks at the cash bar and we'll be in.
According to the Queen of Mean herself, that's pretty much how Leona got her husband. When Harry Helmsley was casting a new secretary, Leona showed up only to discovered a dismayingly long line of applicants. Undeterred, she improvised. Stepping to the front of the line, she announced there would be no more interviews that day, collected everyone's resume, and promised to be in touch. Leona discarded the resumes, took a seat at the vacant desk outside Harry's office, and began performing the duties of his secretary. She must have performed above and beyond because the guy ended up marrying her.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
"That corollary is this: The Big Ten blew it when it took Rutgers over Connecticut starting next season. Beyond the misguided belief that it was buying its way into the New York City market, what was it thinking?"

-NY Times Article
Harvey Araton

Reaction Score
"That corollary is this: The Big Ten blew it when it took Rutgers over Connecticut starting next season. Beyond the misguided belief that it was buying its way into the New York City market, what was it thinking?"

-NY Times Article
Harvey Araton
Uh..It's not owning NYC or MSG It's cable subscribers for the BTN...Unfortunately UNJ beat us hands down there.

justinslot

Boneyard Rutgers/Temple lurker
Reaction Score

-NY Times Article
Harvey Araton

(finds this article) (CTRL-F "louisville") (CTRL-F "ACC") (no results)

I mean nobody buys the NYT for its sports section so who cares really. But if you're in the business of writing about college sports you shouldn't be this ignorant about who chose who over whom in the last round of realignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom