New Realignment Mojo Thread | The Boneyard

New Realignment Mojo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
The mojo thread seemed to seem to work so well over on the basketball site I think we should retire the Non-Key tweet thread and start with a positive set of links. Time to move beyond the hurt and focus on what is great about us and what others are saying.

Positive link in the Gazette from Iowa… love the first line.

"It was suggested Sunday by many in Connecticut, New York, and maybe even New Jersey that the Big Ten should have annexed the University of Connecticut rather than Rutgers."

Read more: http://thegazette.com/2014/03/30/uconn-doesnt-cede-new-york-to-big-ten/#ixzz2xV3UoDFl

Reaction Score
Rutgers isn't a power school. They been cutting programs and funding to the school while uconn keeps adding.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Now we need tcf to help us testiculo the B1G... :)

Reaction Score
The mojo thread seemed to seem to work so well over on the basketball site I think we should retire the Non-Key tweet thread and start with a positive set of links. Time to move beyond the hurt and focus on what is great about us and what others are saying.

Positive link in the Gazette from Iowa… love the first line.

"It was suggested Sunday by many in Connecticut, New York, and maybe even New Jersey that the Big Ten should have annexed the University of Connecticut rather than Rutgers."

Read more: http://thegazette.com/2014/03/30/uconn-doesnt-cede-new-york-to-big-ten/#ixzz2xV3UoDFl

As a BIG fan, I'm for it, esp after you beat my Spartans today, but to be honest, I was for it when I noticed Syracuse and Pitt heading off to the ACC. I'll find my old post endorsing UConn to the BIG and reframe it. Strike the iron while it is hot. Your Women's team as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We'll be out of the AAC soon. Someone is itching to grab us.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Love the article and the thread. Just keep slaying these dragons.

Reaction Score
A couple of Delany's quotes from the past:

"Demographics matter," Delany said. "I think it matters to be in New Jersey and Maryland and around D.C., Philadelphia and New York. It matters to us for it to be contiguous. It matters for it to be flagship universities."

Delany said the Big Ten has approximately 540,000 alumni between northern Virginia and southern New England.

Reaction Score
Must get AAU status first. It would be nice if the rest of the B1G (all are AAU members, save Nebraska) could propose us for AAU membership!

Reaction Score
can we get an honorary AAU membership, similar to celebrities getting honorary doctorates? I mean if Bon Jovi got a doctorate from Monmouth, Dolly Parton got one U. Tennessee (of course, that is the SEC, so anything goes), and Kermit the Frog received his from Southampton College, I'm sure that with the B1G universities influence the AAU can kick an honorary membership our way.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
SAMCRO said:
can we get an honorary AAU membership, similar to celebrities getting honorary doctorates? I mean if Bon Jovi got a doctorate from Monmouth, Dolly Parton got one U. Tennessee (of course, that is the SEC, so anything goes), and Kermit the Frog received his from Southampton College, I'm sure that with the B1G universities influence the AAU can kick an honorary membership our way.

I think we should send in our membership dues and just start showing up to meetings. That works for 95% of the professional associations I'm familiar with. Sure, we may have to awkwardly stand around next to the veggie tray for a while but buy a few rounds of drinks at the cash bar and we'll be in.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UConn women are the Evil Empire of women’s college basketball. Thank you Geno, Rebecca, Jen, Karla, etc.!:cool:
It is amazing to see that the two states most against UConn are 1) Indiana at 76%, which is understandable as ND is in the Final 4 and UConn and ND are a great rivalry right now, and 2) Tennessee at 76%, guess the Vols have still not forgiven UConn even through Pat Summit has.

Reaction Score
and s
I think we should send in our membership dues and just start showing up to meetings. That works for 95% of the professional associations I'm familiar with. Sure, we may have to awkwardly stand around next to the veggie tray for a while but buy a few rounds of drinks at the cash bar and we'll be in.

Party crashing? I'm in and I've got the first round!

And while we're at it, let's send cadavers dressed as the Syracuse Orangeman and the BC Eagle to the ACC spring meetings...

Reaction Score
Now we need tcf to help us testiculo the B1G... :)
w8rKZaZ.png

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I keep looking at the BIG logo and it occurs to me that the.'G' in the logo keeps looking like a '6.' Doesn't that obviously mean that they WILL expand to 16 soon and they've already developed the logo to reflect that? The only question is, "who's our partner?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom