New Poll! | The Boneyard

New Poll!

What happens to the B12

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It looks like those of us who felt Missouri was heading to he SEC correctly gauged the landscape. We'll have to see but I believe it is only a matter of time before the official announcement.

So time for a new poll. What happens to the B12.

My feeling is the B12 and the BE implode and the teams are taken by the PAC, ACC, SEC and B!G. The irrational, vengeful part of me would love to see a BE, B12 union and that conference along with the SEC and B!G poach and destroy the ACC. I don't rule out anything from happening but that is a long shot imo.

Reaction Score
You never know. We might end up having 5 16 school conferences.

Reaction Score
The Big12 will not expand past 10 teams. And after that, Texas and the Okies will begin talks with the Pac10 again because Texas knows it is THIS close to Okies heading to the SEC.

When those four schools leave, the Big12, err 10, err 8, will be reduced to 4 teams (Baylor, Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St.) plus the two new additions (say TCU and BYU). They might invite Louisville, Cincy, WV and USF into the league for 10 and UConn and Rutgers for 12 if those schools aren't picked up by the ACC yet.

The ACC may breathe a sigh of relief after the SEC gets filled up but it shouldn't, because this arrangement will leave the Big10 with no obvious moves outside of Notre Dame, other than raiding the ACC.

The big key that I see is whether the ACC can totally box out the Big10 by voting every team's TV rights to stay with the conference. At that point, the Big10 would be looking at 14 teams (ND + Kansas or + Rutgers if RU isn't in the ACC yet).

Reaction Score
You never know. We might end up having 5 16 school conferences.

I think the likelihood of that is small, but we could end up with 5 conferences of various sizes.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The Big12 will not expand past 10 teams. And after that, Texas and the Okies will begin talks with the Pac10 again because Texas knows it is THIS close to Okies heading to the SEC.

When those four schools leave, the Big12, err 10, err 8, will be reduced to 4 teams (Baylor, Kansas, Kansas St., Iowa St.) plus the two new additions (say TCU and BYU). They might invite Louisville, Cincy, WV and USF into the league for 10 and UConn and Rutgers for 12 if those schools aren't picked up by the ACC yet.

The ACC may breathe a sigh of relief after the SEC gets filled up but it shouldn't, because this arrangement will leave the Big10 with no obvious moves outside of Notre Dame, other than raiding the ACC.

The big key that I see is whether the ACC can totally box out the Big10 by voting every team's TV rights to stay with the conference. At that point, the Big10 would be looking at 14 teams (ND + Kansas or + Rutgers if RU isn't in the ACC yet).
There aren't too many of us that believe the ACC is still vulnerable.

Reaction Score
There aren't too many of us that believe the ACC is still vulnerable.

Vulnerable to losing schools to the SEC and Big10? You think that's out of the realm of possibility even if several schools rejected raising the exit fee higher than 20?

The ultimate show of power for any conference is to have schools sign their TV rights away. The ACC is not such a conference.

Reaction Score
I believe that Mizzou is using the SEC to gain entrance to the B10. This is high-stakes poker right now and we'll soon find out who wins.

Reaction Score
I believe that Mizzou is using the SEC to gain entrance to the B10. This is high-stakes poker right now and we'll soon find out who wins.

If this is true, Missouri has a grossly overinflated opinion of itself.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Vulnerable to losing schools to the SEC and Big10? You think that's out of the realm of possibility even if several schools rejected raising the exit fee higher than 20?

The ultimate show of power for any conference is to have schools sign their TV rights away. The ACC is not such a conference.
The us part of my statement is referring to you and me as opposed to the UConn posters. In other words I agree with you.

Reaction Score
you left out the option that they add BYU or MWC team(s) and leave us alone. i don't think the B12 will take anyone from the BE b/c i think the BE is a better fit for both Louisville and WVU

ctchamps

Reaction Score
you left out the option that they add BYU or MWC team(s) and leave us alone. i don't think the B12 will take anyone from the BE b/c i think the BE is a better fit for both Louisville and WVU
Good point. Bad oversight.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can you give me an option where Missouri does not leave the Big 12. I still think that's the likely outcome. I believe that they are merely buying time to convince the Big Ten to take them, before being locked into a TV rights deal with the Big XII for 5 years. Here's where I think Mizzou is:
1. We love the B1G and always wanted in. Please, please, please. We already have a rivalry with Illinois.
2. When the TX and OK schools were about to kill the Big XII, the SEC looked very inviting.
3. With a stable deal for the Big XII, we really don't want to go to the SEC and hang out with those southerners. But we are afraid to lock ourselves in the Big XII and shut off our chance to go to the B1G.

Reaction Score

Papers that I have read out here on the West Coast are saying that Texas would have to share its revenue from its Longhorn Network with other members of the Pac 12. Obviously, Texas is not going to do this, and that seems to be the largest obstacle to any talk about admittance. Maybe you have some better insight into this than I do.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

For some reason I believe that the current BCS (AQ) schools need to keep the #number of membership the same or even increase it in order to preserve a voting majority on NCAA football matters. Making orphans out of some of the BE or B12 schools may reduce the membership numbers below a majority, so perhaps it's a reason to throw the BE an undeserved AQ lifeline and keep the voting status quo. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Reaction Score
Papers that I have read out here on the West Coast are saying that Texas would have to share its revenue from its Longhorn Network with other members of the Pac 12. Obviously, Texas is not going to do this, and that seems to be the largest obstacle to any talk about admittance. Maybe you have some better insight into this than I do.

If the Big12 ceases to exist with Mizzou, Oklahoma and Okie St. leaving, Texas has already stated it's options then are to join another conference or become an independent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom