New Perspective on Last Year's Buffalo Game | The Boneyard

New Perspective on Last Year's Buffalo Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching Jets/San Diego. This kid Branden Oliver from Buffalo. Wasn't drafted. Looks like another Dave Meggett. Then you have Khalil Mack drafted #5. They just had a pretty good team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
They did. UConn also quit. Which in the end was a good thing.

Reaction Score
CW threw 2 INTs and got sacked 5 times. And they scored 40+ points while CW put up his usual 12, so I think our horrible play was really the deciding factor although they had a couple of NFL players on their side.

Reaction Score
1 LB and 1 RB and you figure that turns into a 41-12 whopping. Mack everyone knew about. The RB no one had heard about until the Chargers shut out the Jets. Let's be real here pal. Are you delusional? Are you blind? Are you insane? This is laughable. But I am not laughing. If I were, I would be laughing at you.

Reaction Score
That was the first time I recall a UConn team quitting, but like Whaler said it expedited P's departure and that was good for the program.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That was the first time I recall a UConn team quitting, but like Whaler said it expedited P's departure and that was good for the program.

Second time. Navy was the first game that I saw them quit.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

A completely different kind of quit. That day against Navy they rolled over and gave up in that game.... against Buffalo they didn't come out of the locker room and forced Warde to make a coaching change.

Teams quit on games all the time. It's completely different than completely quitting on a staff.

Reaction Score
Navy simply rolled us, we had no answer for their option from a coaching standpoint. There was history there from when we rolled them way back in 2002, I think. During the post game handshake Edsall supposedly told the Navy HC Paul Johnson, "Don't worry, we won't share the tape." Supposedly after they whooped us Johnson, made a similar comment to Edsall post game but I don't know how true that is. Navy pulled out all the stops that game, end around/flea flicker.

Buffalo game Deshon Foxx nearly got killed on an INT for jogging. Ryan Donahue jogged over to the sideline on a swing pass and the RB promptly exploded down the sideline for a huge gainer. There was no effort and it was sad and disgusting to watch, during the Navy game early on I remember Dan Davis, playing DE was punishing their tackles, they could barely contain his aggression but Navy ultimately found a way to use that aggression against him/us.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Navy simply rolled us, we had no answer for their option from a coaching standpoint. There was history there from when we rolled them way back in 2002, I think. During the post game handshake Edsall supposedly told the Navy HC Paul Johnson, "Don't worry, we won't share the tape." Supposedly after they whooped us Johnson, made a similar comment to Edsall post game but I don't know how true that is. Navy pulled out all the stops that game, end around/flea flicker.

Buffalo game Deshon Foxx nearly got killed on an INT for jogging. Ryan Donahue jogged over to the sideline on a swing pass and the RB promptly exploded down the sideline for a huge gainer. There was no effort and it was sad and disgusting to watch, during the Navy game early on I remember Dan Davis, playing DE was punishing their tackles, they could barely contain his aggression but Navy ultimately found a way to use that aggression against him/us.

Yeah you can only get so worked up over Navy games. They exist in a separate universe from the rest of college football and every once in a while they embarass someone.

I thought they were going to have a good season and then they got beat by Rutgers before getting pushed around by Air Force.

This was supposed to be their year and they already spit the bit.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
A completely different kind of quit. That day against Navy they rolled over and gave up in that game.... against Buffalo they didn't come out of the locker room and forced Warde to make a coaching change.

Teams quit on games all the time. It's completely different than completely quitting on a staff.

That is true. They began the game against Navy with effort....in Buffalo last year it was obvious from the start the team didn't want to be there.

Reaction Score
Branden Oliver is good story. Danny Woodhead is on IR, Ryan Mathews has missed the last 3 games due to injury and Donald Brown got hurt during the Jets game. Oliver stepped up when the opportunity presented itself and is now the team's leading rusher. That's more than you could ask for out a rookie undrafted free agent.

I honestly don't remember much of Oliver from the game against UConn last year. The one play that sticks in my mind was something Mack did, or rather what the UConn O-line didn't do. One of the announcers said something like "The UConn coaches know they need to account for Mack on every play." Maybe 2 plays later, Mack lines opposite the right tackle. UConn also had a TE lined up on that side. At the snap, the TE went out on his pass pattern. Didn't chip Mack, didn't even get in his way. The RT, who acted like he expected help, had no chance and Mack blew right by him for a sack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom