New Omar Mixtape | The Boneyard

New Omar Mixtape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Omar showed better ups in that video than I thought he had.

Based on what I've seen, which is about 3 or 4 games, he has a knack of getting to and finishing around the rim (including getting to the line). I still think his passing is his best asset - the dude can flat out dish the ball.

Random thought: is there is a more pointless thing in highlight videos than made jumpers? For all we know, those 10ish 3-pointers could've been every 3 Omar hit all season.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Random thought: is there is a more pointless thing in highlight videos than made jumpers? For all we know, those 10ish 3-pointers could've been every 3 Omar hit all season.

I like it. Gives me a chance to see shot mechanics, shot preparation, and to a lesser extent, shot selection. A couple of those 3 point shots were terrible shots that went in, for instance.

Reaction Score
after andre drummonds epic mix tape i tend not to get excited by what i see anymore. we all know how that turned out:confused:

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
after andre drummonds epic mix tape i tend not to get excited by what i see anymore. we all know how that turned out:confused:

if u watched any of those for more than cool dunks then u would have known how raw he was by seeing his fade away fumpers crapy form back then. hl tapes are great. they are fun to watch but also show u things.
-shot form
-slashing ability
-average or above average speed
-handle in traffic

all the little things that make hs kids above average and the total package for colleges like uconn level wise.

Reaction Score

Andre's mixtapes made him look like the best player of all time. I remember after he committed I watched one like 100 times and had the song stuck in my head haha

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Outside of the crazy dunks in AD's videos, you could see his horrible shot form. I remember thinking "We'll see how consistently he can get that to fall." Turned out not very. I saw his videos and thought he would average double digit scoring on dunks alone basically and that's pretty much what happened.

Reaction Score
if u watched any of those for more than cool dunks then u would have known how raw he was by seeing his fade away fumpers crapy form back then. hl tapes are great. they are fun to watch but also show u things.
-shot form
-slashing ability
-average or above average speed
-handle in traffic

all the little things that make hs kids above average and the total package for colleges like uconn level wise.
oh please! spare me the b.s. anyone who says they werent blown away by the shear physical talent in that mix tape is full of it. of course everyone now is saying they saw all the flaws after his less than impressive one n done year at uconn. but those same people were gloating and expecting big things the minute he signed his loi.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
omar will be a stud, hes going to develop into a great player over his years here. its easier for a guard to come in as a frosh and play much better than a big especially in the big east

Reaction Score
impressive ups, also showed some nice passes and the ability to handle the ball. I'm looking forward to seeing him, Boat, and Bazz all on the court together at the same time.

Reaction Score
Love his game.

I'd call him a rich man's Jerome Dyson; he's got Jerome Dyson level athleticism and size, but with an improved skill set.

Take JD, improve shot by 15-20%, improve body control by 15-20%, improve court awareness by 15-20%, and improve passing ability by 15-20%, and you have Omar Calhoun.

Kid will be very good, and he'll make an immediate impact.

The fact that he stuck with UConn tells me that Ollie is going to have company in the "high quality individual" department on the team.

Reaction Score
Love his game.

I'd call him a rich man's Jerome Dyson; he's got Jerome Dyson level athleticism and size, but with an improved skill set.

Take JD, improve shot by 15-20%, improve body control by 15-20%, improve court awareness by 15-20%, and improve passing ability by 15-20%, and you have Omar Calhoun.

Kid will be very good, and he'll make an immediate impact.

The fact that he stuck with UConn tells me that Ollie is going to have company in the "high quality individual" department on the team.
I know that a lot of people around here didn't like Jerome Dyson, but if Omar Calhoun is Dyson plus those improvements, he'd be a superstar from day one. Around mid-way through his senior year, there were some grumblings from those close to UConn that Dyson should have been in the discussion for NPOY. I don't want to turn this into a Dyson discussion, but he's criminally underrated by some on this board.

I think Calhoun is going to be very good, but let's pump the breaks a little bit.

Reaction Score
I think Calhoun is going to be very good, but let's pump the breaks a little bit.

What?? Didn't you read the DD and AD pre-season posts last year? We don't pump brakes, we accelerate especially after viewing mixtapes. You're being too logical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom