OT: - New North Carolina bill would require UNC, NC State to exit ACC if state is boycotted again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: New North Carolina bill would require UNC, NC State to exit ACC if state is boycotted again

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Ah, the definition is entomologically suspect, but brilliant nonetheless!

Friendly correction?-- etymologically. Unless, of course, you are refering to the bugs involved. Then both words will work. Also cool.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was kidding. I just find ignorance at the voting booth to be a bit frustrating. As if folks didn't know they were electing bigots into office and didn't have a choice. If people believe that, I've got some prime real estate for sale, a bit swampy but trust me it's a steal.

You know its really hard to vote a incumbent out of office...... plus the voting districts here in NC are so gerrymandered.... the opposition party has little to no chance to unseat them. Ill leave it at that.... dont want to get this thread sent to the other forum :oops:

it's quite possible both are true.......ask Triaddukefan that one

Alot of them are Head bang I'll leave it at that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm disappointed that these places get involved in politics at all, when it's frankly none of their business.

But then again, their short-sighted view of politics allowed South Carolina to get a virtual home game against Duke and provide everyone with a public service.

And you got UNC winning the title...... so I assume that made you happy :rolleyes:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
And you got UNC winning the title. so I assume that made you happy :rolleyes:

No. I have other issues with the NCAA for that.

One giant at a time please.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well since the legislature repealed their crazy bathroom bill, the ACC has decided it's ok to have the championships in Charlotte, correct? So the legislature can pass any bill they want but it's a moot point (if i understand what has transpired), unless the crazies there go and pass another discriminatory bathroom bill. So what am I missing? It seems to be much ado about nothing.

Sort of like saying "we will quit the ACC if the sun does not come up tomorrow"...

Reaction Score
You know its really hard to vote a incumbent out of office. plus the voting districts here in NC are so gerrymandered.... the opposition party has little to no chance to unseat them. Ill leave it at that.... dont want to get this thread sent to the other forum :oops:
I'm aware of the situation there, and I think at this point the feds need to step in and take over (or at least sign off on changes to) districting to ensure proper representation and fair elections. Leaving it to the states has become problematic.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm aware of the situation there, and I think at this point the feds need to step in and take over (or at least sign off on changes to) districting to ensure proper representation and fair elections. Leaving it to the states has become problematic.

I have NC General Assembly fatigue at this point....... if it isnt one thing its another Head bang

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
1) trying to find an appropriate gif/pic for this that wont get deleted by the mods

2) some of these clowns need to be put on a United flight ASAP :rolleyes:

3) public service announcement. I didnt vote for any of these clowns ..... so dont hold me responsible for such nonsense. :oops:

You know, I never thought I'd see the day that NC made SC look sane.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I'm disappointed that these places get involved in politics at all, when it's frankly none of their business.

But then again, their short-sighted view of politics allowed South Carolina to get a virtual home game against Duke and provide everyone with a public service.

It's funny that nobody ever complained when Duke and UNC played in Greensboro. In terms of distance, Greenville is closer to Charlotte than it is to Columbia; Gamecock fans were just highly motivated to buy tickets. In reality there were more Gamecock fans at MSG (close to 10,000) for the Regional Finals than there were in Greenville for either the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Edit: Sorry, I should have done a multi quote.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It's funny that nobody ever complained when Duke and UNC played in Greensboro. In terms of distance, Greenville is closer to Charlotte than it is to Columbia; Gamecock fans were just highly motivated to buy tickets. In reality there were more Gamecock fans at MSG (close to 10,000) for the Regional Finals than there were in Greenville for either the 1st or 2nd rounds.

Edit: Sorry, I should have done a multi quote.

I never thought a team should get to play in its home state during the NCAA tourney.

That defeats the purpose of being a "neutral site."

The pod system was a terrible idea for the men's game.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I never thought a team should get to play in its home state during the NCAA tourney.

That defeats the purpose of being a "neutral site."

The pod system was a terrible idea for the men's game.

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but it happens frequently. Like I said above, though, there were more Gamecock fans at MSG for the Regional Finals than there were in Greenville for the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Reaction Score
Are you implying they should come in and build a wall around N.C.? :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom