New Nike Uniforms.... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Nike Uniforms....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Makes me wonder what the Washington Generals are wearing?

Reaction Score
Platinum is the new white, I agree I like the reason we get chosen. Fredo U gets a brand new Nike Cotton, that absorbs 100% more moisture and gets 30% heavier throughout the game.

Reaction Score
This thread further illustrates the simple fact that a large number of people on this board have no idea what gets recruits/16-18 year olds excited today. While championships and a track record of NBA success trumps all (not necessarily in that order), recruits today love seeing exciting, flashy uniforms. They know it comes with a chance at national attention and sets a program apart. Go ask any player on this team if they care at all that these uniforms stray from traditional UConn colors for one game? I for one will be buying the jersey if it goes on sale.

Besides, we have three stars on the back of our jersey for our three national championships. Better than every team but Duke, UNC and Kentucky.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would be disappointed if it was just platinum. The fact that it is Hyper Elite Platinum makes all the difference for me.
at least until the new beryllium uniforms come out

CL82

Reaction Score
I like them. Not sure how I'd feel if they were permanent, but as an alternative, they're great.
Was curious, anyone who follows players on twitter, have members of the team expressed an opinion?
Tyler Olander@TyOlander_10
in the library doing work

Well you can't get higher praise than that.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with that, I don't think anyone has said "I don't care if the recruits like them or not", they might have because I didn't read every single post in a three page thread. You might be confusing personal opinion and preferences with what we know recruits will like or what's good for the program. I've worked with Nike designers on a lot of projects and I understand pretty well why they do what they do, I simply don't like the design aesthetic or the colorway. I get the reason for them, as I'm betting most on this board do, and I think outside of my personal opinion (which means nothing in the conversation) the university should use them as it serves to further link the UCONN brand with the Nike brand (good), provides another way to generate conversation within recruits/fans (good), elevates UCONN into very exclusive company (good), etc.

This thread further illustrates the simple fact that a large number of people on this board have no idea what gets recruits/16-18 year olds excited today. While championships and a track record of NBA success trumps all (not necessarily in that order), recruits today love seeing exciting, flashy uniforms. They know it comes with a chance at national attention and sets a program apart. Go ask any player on this team if they care at all that these uniforms stray from traditional UConn colors for one game? I for one will be buying the jersey if it goes on sale.

Besides, we have three stars on the back of our jersey for our three national championships. Better than every team but Duke, UNC and Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I guess they are cool for a game, although I don't see how they are much different than the usual grey alternates. I still like the old UConn uniforms better than the current ones.

Reaction Score
I like how it is kind of incorperating the old look from 96-06. Can someone tweet Kyle Muncy and ask him if he knows if they're gonna be going on sale at any time? I want those shorts!!!

Reaction Score
The championship stars are awesome and something I would love to see continue in the jerseys. It is like we won the bundessliga or something. let the opponent always know, on the court, that we are champions and they, most likely, are not.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I guess they are cool for a game, although I don't see how they are much different than the usual grey alternates.

They are Hyper Elite Platinum, fer crissakes! What more do you want? I wonder about some people.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I like how it is kind of incorperating the old look from 96-06. Can someone tweet Kyle Muncy and ask him if he knows if they're gonna be going on sale at any time? I want those shorts!!!

One of the articles I read stated the Jerseys would be available at retail starting Feb 4th.

I also emailed the guys from Huskywear.com - they will be selling the jerseys but are waiting for their shipment to come in. I suspect they will be available there and at the Co-op.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I guess they are cool for a game, although I don't see how they are much different than the usual grey alternates. I still like the old UConn uniforms better than the current ones.

See, this is the thing. I hate the regular grey alternates. That's new too. The alternates used to be blue, even if it grew darker than national flag blue over the years. These are no worse than the regular grey uniforms, but those need to go too. One game I can live with. But Oregon did look ridiculous in these in their bowl game this year.

Reaction Score
Love the jerseys. Too bad I just bought one for christmas, looks like I'll be shelling out another $75 in a few weeks when they are released.

Reaction Score
i believe they hit the retail market on Feb 4th.

CL82

Reaction Score
these warmups look dope!

I wonder if the 'cuse ones will have their "Helms Championships" on the back or if Nike will only put real championships on them.

Reaction Score
what do you guys think of all the UConn teams having different logos - block C (football), UC (basketball), C with basketball (womens b-ball), old school C (baseball)...and then there is the husky head. Would you like to see a single logo across sports, or is it cool the way it is?

Reaction Score
Boston College has to make due with the New Nike Aluminum uniforms. Providence gets Stainless Steel.

We get Hyper Elite Platinum and yet some of you duck*ing cranks are complaining?

You douches deserve nothing more than Polished Nickel.

If that's the case why didn't cuse get latex (i.e. Fine rubber)?

Reaction Score
I still have a problem with them showcasing number 11.

Not sure if Nike is supporting Boat...
... or trolling us.

Reaction Score
The teams who received the platinum unis were...

Arizona, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, Syracuse and UConn.

Do you want to be in that company or not? It's that simple.

Reaction Score
The teams who received the platinum unis were...

Arizona, Duke, Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, Syracuse and UConn.

Do you want to be in that company or not? It's that simple.

I bet some of those schools love being associated with us. Where's Michigan State by the way?

Reaction Score
Thoes jerseys are alright but I think Uconn should be blue not red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom