New Mexico State May Hire Firm To Land Football Conference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Mexico State May Hire Firm To Land Football Conference

Reaction Score
the big east had a reason to keep quiet. and if you really believe not mad aresco didnt know... people were posting it here...
Yeah but that was just a few days before any public announcement that discussions had been taking place. Discussions had been on going for weeks already at that point. Once the cat was out of the bag, UConn had to come clean but at that point the cat had already been in the bag for several weeks. Aresco didn't have a clue. My point is that if both parties want to keep it quiet they can for some time before anyone gets wind of it. Sure leaks will happen sooner or later, but in this case it was later, by this time UConn didn't care if anyone found out. The high profile football team transfers earlier in the summer and spring, were very telling.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aresco had a clue back in 2017 that this day was coming - it was just when.
Wow medic, you were pretty slow this time. Lol. It was no secret, everyone knew that UConn was not happy in the AAC, for several reasons even back then but I hope you're not saying that Aresco knew about discrete discussions between UConn and the NBE even before they started and that UConn was going independent in football. If he had known, I think he would have done everything in his power to keep us in the conference. It was easy to see he was one pi ssed off man once the news did break.

Can't read your article.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If he had known, I think he would have done everything in his power to keep us in the conference.

He has contacts - don’t kid yourself, he heard all the rumors and noise. He knew UConn wasn’t happy for years and he double-dog dared them.

How’d that work out for him. He should be mad.

Reaction Score
He has contacts - don’t kid yourself, he heard all the rumors and noise. He knew UConn wasn’t happy for years and he double-dog dared them.

How’d that work out for him. He should be mad.
Discrete discussions between UConn and the Big East began back in late February, and I don't think Aresco had a clue about that until much later in the spring, around the same time as the whistle blower posts on the board. Also I don't think some high profile transfers were coincidences. The ESPN+ deal wasn't good for UConn either, yet Aresco went ahead and signed it. Only thing to hope for here on in, is Edsall somehow manages 4 wins.

Reaction Score
Also I don't think some high profile transfers were coincidences.

Not sure what high profile transfers you are talking about but they were not prompted by the Big East/Independence move.

Reaction Score
Not sure what high profile transfers you are talking about but they were not prompted by the Big East move/Independence.
Are you sure there wasn't any team scuttlebutt? Beavers, Dixon, Washington, Davis, Terry, and one other can't remember. Maybe, maybe not.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Instead of criticizing New Mexico State it is time for UConn to be proactive and do likewise. Start with a consultant to make a decent schedule as an independent. Then, use a firm to help get us into a P5. I am sure many will reject the idea, but so far we haven't done well with our modern athletic directors.
Good luck with that.

No P5 will touch us for a thousand years.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah but that was just a few days before any public announcement that discussions had been taking place. Discussions had been on going for weeks already at that point. Once the cat was out of the bag, UConn had to come clean but at that point the cat had already been in the bag for several weeks. Aresco didn't have a clue. My point is that if both parties want to keep it quiet they can for some time before anyone gets wind of it. Sure leaks will happen sooner or later, but in this case it was later, by this time UConn didn't care if anyone found out. The high profile football team transfers earlier in the summer and spring, were very telling.

people hinted at it a month prior. if providence boosters knew - even not mad aresco did

Reaction Score
Are you sure there wasn't any team scuttlebutt? Beavers, Dixon, Washington, Davis, Terry, and one other can't remember. Maybe, maybe not.

Building bridges that aren’t there... Davis was headed to Georgia Tech in December 2018, Beavers left for Cincy because he was homesick and becoming a father, Washington couldn’t stay out of trouble/eligible, Murphy grad transferred to be w/ Diaco who recruited him, Tarbutt grad transferred to Minnesota...

Reaction Score
Building bridges that aren’t there... Davis was headed to Georgia Tech in December 2018, Beavers left for Cincy because he was homesick and becoming a father, Washington couldn’t stay out of trouble/eligible, Murphy grad transferred to be w/ Diaco who recruited him...
Yeah, so everyone was told. Did Jon Wholley also have a good cover story? Lol

Reaction Score
people hinted at it a month prior. if providence boosters knew - even not mad aresco did
One month prior means nothing, the first discussions took place in February.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
One month prior means nothing, the first discussions took place in February.

ao you agree he knew. thanks that could have been easier tho.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and Captain Smith knew the Titanic was sinking after the last lifeboat was launched. Lol

So this is what has become of the BY. A sad shell of its former self, rife with some of the most mind numbing stupidity on the Internet. I would cut some of you clowns some SLACK but I’m not sure you deserve it. Here’s who I don’t want to cut (or see on) any SLACK:

Guys like Rob who are only ever right on here when they type in their password.

Guys who take leaks next to recruits and pass themselves off as some kind of insider savant. @Chief00

Guys who take pics of their scrawny bicep with a tape measure around it and brag about not taking steroids. Who would’ve known? @superjohn

Guys who write “provocative headlines” @Palatine

Guys who RANDOMLY insert caps IN sentences with no RHYME or REASON and pontificate like a fool about about absolutely nothing that anyone cares about @Pudge

There are many more. Bottom line this place has become a big clown show. Everyone got their invites. The rest of you stay here and pollute the Internet with your stupid.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So this is what has become of the BY. A sad shell of its former self, rife with some of the most mind numbing stupidity on the Internet. I would cut some of you clowns some SLACK but I’m not sure you deserve it. Here’s who I don’t want to cut (or see on) any SLACK:

Guys who take leaks next to recruits and pass themselves off as some kind of insider savant. @Chief00

Guys who take pics of their scrawny bicep with a tape measure around it and brag about not taking steroids. Who would’ve known? @superjohn

Guys who RANDOMLY insert caps IN sentences with no RHYME or REASON and pontificate like a fool about about absolutely nothing that anyone cares about @Pudge

There are many more. Bottom line this place has become a big clown show. Everyone got their invites. The rest of you stay here and pollute the Internet with your stupid.

*write

Reaction Score

GFY

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't know why anyone would hire a consultant for something like this. What are they going to do? There are only 2 FBS conferences that might add NMSU in anyone's wildest fantasy, and one of those conferences just kicked NMSU out. Does NMSU need the consultant to call up CUSA and see what they think? Can't the AD do that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom