New Mexico St (in Buffalo) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Mexico St (in Buffalo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
A team that's ~80 in the computer rankings and whose best win, by far, is Davidson, and has played basically nobody worth a damn otherwise, is about as good as we could have hoped for.
Yea. I like the matchup. I think the only reason they were a 12 as opposed to a 14 or 15 was because the WAC was pretty solid this year.

Reaction Score
Based on what I'm seeing, NM State:

• plays at a slow tempo
  • turns it over a lot
  • defends both 3's and 2's well
  • blocks a lot of shots but don't turn you over
  • goods offensive rebounders and get to the line
  • shoots a decent amount of 3's but at a mediocre clip
  • shoots a good percentage inside the arc

So it looks like inside play is a strength, but they haven't dealt with an inside game the likes of ours.

Otherwise, it's a matter of slowing down their volume shooter (Teddy Allen, 19 ppg on 44/33/87 shooting %s and a sub-1 A/T ratio).

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
that south dakota team was the one i was most worried about for us -- any team that shoots the ball that well always has a chance to win, no matter how bad their other metrics are.
How they are a 13 and NMSU is a 12 is a mystery but I can only assume it is because the WAC was solid this year but we got by far the better matchup.

Reaction Score
Doesn't really matter who we play as far as I'm concerned. We are playing great, but we also don't blow anyone out. All our games will be close.

Reaction Score
Doesn't really matter who we play as far as I'm concerned. We are playing great, but we also don't blow anyone out. All our games will be close.
I mean maybe. That SH win in the big east tournament was the most 10 blow outiest win I’ve ever seen. It was never in doubt

Reaction Score
Hey Adrien! Scouting Report:

New Mexico State - NMSU is the king of the WAC and Chris Jans had a HUGE coup w/ Henry, McCants and Tillman sticking around for a fifth year. Teddy Allen is a HUGE addition and deep team. Good OOC wins against Washington State, Davidson, UC Irvine, LMU. WAC has been good.

Team is known historically for their rebounding, shooting threes. They’ve rebounded this year (39th OR), but 3P ratio is more balanced (104th). Get to line well (52nd) and great 2p% (36rd).

Top-30 in BOTH 2p% and 3p% D. Top-100 in defensive rebounding and preventing FTs. Clayton Henry is their best defender. They don’t steal the ball, but they block shots. Good job causing ISO, which is a Jans staple (110th).

Reaction Score
I mean maybe. That SH win in the big east tournament was the most 10 blow outiest win I’ve ever seen. It was never in doubt
We were up 16 with a under a minute left and they hit two straight garbage time threes. It was a def a blowout

Reaction Score
Didn’t we absolutely lay the wood to them in the early rounds in 1999??
Yes second round game. It was in Denver. Was there and for all subsequent rounds..special memory that first chip

Reaction Score
Davidson (neutral win), Utah State (neutral blowout loss), Washington State (road win) are their best opponents.

In the last 3 months, they haven't faced anyone higher than 90th in NET.

The WAC was considered better than usual because of a lot of teams in the 90-200 range instead of 200+.

Reaction Score
Hey Adrien! Scouting Report:

New Mexico State - NMSU is the king of the WAC and Chris Jans had a HUGE coup w/ Henry, McCants and Tillman sticking around for a fifth year. Teddy Allen is a HUGE addition and deep team. Good OOC wins against Washington State, Davidson, UC Irvine, LMU. WAC has been good.

Team is known historically for their rebounding, shooting threes. They’ve rebounded this year (39th OR), but 3P ratio is more balanced (104th). Get to line well (52nd) and great 2p% (36rd).

Top-30 in BOTH 2p% and 3p% D. Top-100 in defensive rebounding and preventing FTs. Clayton Henry is their best defender. They don’t steal the ball, but they block shots. Good job causing ISO, which is a Jans staple (110th).
Let's just run them out of the gym early like we did to Seton Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom