New member - First Post | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New member - First Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Whatever happened to Randolph Scott?
Well, this Randolph Scott just got back from a fun filled day in the ER... Right after I posted that reference, I went into a particularly nasty AFIB.... 911 call, cops, firemen, and paramedics flooded my home... a bumpy ambulance ride later and they had me stuck with IVs and hooked up like an old 1930's radio... wires everywhere... Six hours later they converted me and now my rhythm is just humming along... Oh the joys of aging.

Battered but still kicking' Boo

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
BooRadley said:
Well, this Randolph Scott just got back from a fun filled day in the ER... Right after I posted that reference, I went into a particularly nasty AFIB.... 911 call, cops, firemen, and paramedics flooded my home... a bumpy ambulance ride later and they had me stuck with IVs and hooked up like an old 1930's radio... wires everywhere... Six hours later they converted me and now my rhythm is just humming along... Oh the joys of aging.

So glad you are better

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Geez, welcome to the Boneyard, Dukester.

Reaction Score

Blessings to you for a swift and sure recovery. Be Well!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score

Take care of yourself, Boo! Glad you are feeling better.

Reaction Score
BooRadley said:

Boo, you need to calm down and not get so excited about new posters. It is exciting to see new "faces" on the board but jeez dude, need to keep your heart at a calm and steady state.

Seriously, glad to hear your heart is back in a steady rhythm. Like my dear departed mother used to say, old age ain't for sissies. I myself am beginning to understand what she meant.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
old age ain't for sissies.

Permit a comment about old age along with my hope that Boo gets (t)here.;)

Last week I took my very special friend, Ray Stone, to Port 5, a Navy veterans club in Bridgeport, overlooking the harbor. Ray will be 90 in April and 71 years ago (1943) he was a Plankowner (member, first crew of a ship as it is commissioned) of the USS Intrepid. He survived WW II on this gallant and "most hit USN ship" in WW II. He wrote a book ("My Ship! The USS Intrepid") and now is treated royally when he visits the Intrepid in NYC. Ray presented Port 5 with a flag that is certified as having been flown from the mast of the Intrepid and got a standing ovation from the Navy vets present. Excuse this digression but allow for my pride in this 89-year old hero.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Permit a comment about old age along with my hope that Boo gets (t)here.;)

Last week I took my very special friend, Ray Stone, to Port 5, a Navy veterans club in Bridgeport, overlooking the harbor. Ray will be 90 in April and 71 years ago (1943) he was a Plankowner (member, first crew of a ship as it is commissioned) of the USS Intrepid. He survived WW II on this gallant and "most hit USN ship" in WW II. He wrote a book ("My Ship! The USS Intrepid") and now is treated royally when he visits the Intrepid in NYC. Ray presented Port 5 with a flag that is certified as having been flown from the mast of the Intrepid and got a standing ovation from the Navy vets present. Excuse this digression but allow for my pride in this 89-year old hero.

The pride is well placed and well deserved.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Wow, glad to hear you are ok, old Boo. Try not to do that again. Was it something I said?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom