New Massey ratings | The Boneyard

New Massey ratings

Reaction Score
What is Baylor's rating? Should be low because they haven't beaten anyone good.

I will say it now. The Baylor game will be the national championship game. Yes, the Stanford game will be tough but I like our chances in championship games.

Reaction Score
Screenshot (16).png

Reaction Score

I will say it now. The Baylor game will be the national championship game. Yes, the Stanford game will be tough but I like our chances in championship games.
UConn, Stanford, Baylor and Maryland are the top four, with South Carolina fifth. That seems accurate.

Reaction Score

Agree. I said it before the Tourney. Baylor ended their season playing like a #1seed and they continue to improve. If they beat UConn, they win it all.

Reaction Score
If SC and Maryland continue to move on and meet up in the elite 8...IMO...SC will need to play their best game...Maryland doesn’t play great defense but their offense can shot lights out..I have no bias in this game..let’s see who wins if it is
SC vs Maryland

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Oregon #7? The problem with some of these metric services is they don't always show enough of the recent trend and without their Point Guard, Oregon has lost 4 of 6. The eye test of this current rendition is not top 7. I will be rooting for the Ducks today against Georgia but I am not convinced they are as strong as Massey is indicating.

Reaction Score
Oregon #7? The problem with some of these metric services is they don't always show enough of the recent trend and without their Point Guard, Oregon has lost 4 of 6. The eye test of this current rendition is not top 7. I will be rooting for the Ducks today against Georgia but I am not convinced they are as strong as Massey is indicating.
Massey ratings, of which I am a fan, appear off to me this year. The absence of OOC games hurt a lot. Intraconference games just seemed to reify the 2020 data.

Reaction Score
Oregon has been an outlier all season for some reason.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Stanford is on an unholy hot streak and playing very well - not sure what happened in the second half last night but they still ended the game as a team shooting 52.5% from three point land with six players hitting 50% or better on a total 25 3s taken. In the first round they hit 15 threes at 45%. I know I believe in the law of averages and what goes up must go down, but a players or a team can stay hot for a couple of weeks and right now they are burning. IF they maintain the volumn (and they are taking them from DEEP) they will win the NC.

That said, the top four Massey teams are all looking good. Unfortunately, one of the regions does not include any of the four and one includes two. And it is our bracket.

NB NCSt has a starter down with a knee. She isn't 'out' but she went down in their first game.

Reaction Score
Baylor is very good, and playing peak basketball right now. So is UConn. Should be a good game (assuming they both advance of course), but definitely not a guarantee for either team.

Moon Ursin is killing it right now.
Ursin playing like a senior! So happy for her!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Baylor is very good, and playing peak basketball right now. So is UConn. Should be a good game (assuming they both advance of course), but definitely not a guarantee for either team.

Moon Ursin is killing it right now.
Agree that Baylor is playing great right now, as is UConn. There are similarities between the 2 teams. Specifically, they both play tremendous defense and they both dominated relatively weak conferences.

If and when the two teams meet, Baylor will face the best team they’ve met all season. One that has more offensive talent as well as size than the Lady Bears.

Call me crazy. Advantage = UConn.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Truly one of the great mysteries of modern science, how Oregon is in the top 10 of both Massey and NET.

Reaction Score
Truly one of the great mysteries of modern science, how Oregon is in the top 10 of both Massey and NET.
Underplayed point about the NET is that it incorporates something called "offense efficiency" (whatever that means). Massey has offense & defense ratings as well. Perhaps Ducks are highly efficient?

Also with fewer nonconference games, any one data point can carry a lot more weight than usual.

Reaction Score
Massey has UCONN favored vs. every team in the tournament.
Here are the projected spreads between UCONN vs. the #1 & #2 tournament seeds:
Stanford (UCONN -2)
South Carolina (UCONN -7)
NC State (UCONN -12)
Baylor (UCONN -2)
Maryland (UCONN -4)
Louisville (UCONN -11)
Texas A&M (UCONN -15)

Reaction Score
UConn, Stanford, Baylor and Maryland are the top four, with South Carolina fifth. That seems accurate.
It seems more accurate than the selection committee awarding NC State a #1 seed (4th) & Texas A&M (5th) ahead of Baylor & Maryland. Massey has Texas A&M ranked12th & NC State ranked 8th.

Reaction Score
Agree. I said it before the Tourney. Baylor ended their season playing like a #1seed and they continue to improve. If they beat UConn, they win it all.
Yup. Whoever wins the River Walk Elite 8 wins it all, assuming UConn & Baylor are playing... but also if Michigan and Iowa make it past these two, I'd give them a good chance of winning it all too.

Reaction Score
I don't want to be #1 now, and neither does Geno, his staff or the team. We all want UConn to be #1 on April 4th at approximately 8:01 p.m.

Reaction Score
It seems more accurate than the selection committee awarding NC State a #1 seed (4th) & Texas A&M (5th) ahead of Baylor & Maryland. Massey has Texas A&M ranked12th & NC State ranked 8th.
I believe NC State is third and Maryland is fifth, but it is very confusing.

Reaction Score
The injury to Nka Muhl- if she is not healthy-- hurts UCONN a lot. There's a reason why she started. She's one helluva solid player. Without Nika- IF without Nika or a healthy Nika- have to hope big for Anna.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom