New look field @ Rentschler | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New look field @ Rentschler

Reaction Score
Boring.

No, not really. It's called branding. The full Husky Head logo on the field mimics and meshes with the team's logo on the helmet. We want that Husky logo to be instantly recognized around the country. The more its seen and celebrated the better for us. And the end zones are perfect. We're "UConn" now to the world at large.

Reaction Score
No, not really. It's called branding. The full Husky Head logo on the field mimics and meshes with the team's logo on the helmet. We want that Husky logo to be instantly recognized around the country. The more its seen and celebrated the better for us. And the end zones are perfect. We're "UConn" now to the world at large.

Administration also decided to exclusively use UCONN in all of its branding instead of Connecticut, just like its UCLA, not the University of California at Los Angeles.

Reaction Score
Administration also decided to exclusively use UCONN in all of its branding instead of Connecticut, just like its UCLA, not the University of California at Los Angeles.
That's right. It's another forward looking move by Susan Herbst (along with the new Husky logo). She seems to have great instincts when making these decisions.

Reaction Score
That is one king-sized logo on that field illustration. It's really gonna be that big? Covers the midfield hashmarks. The one in the Shenkman looks like a better scale.
Yeah, that was my thought. Really that big?

Reaction Score
California is Berkeley, not UCLA.

UCLA is a directional school like Southern CT. (only said this part to set off Pudge)

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
That is one king-sized logo on that field illustration. It's really gonna be that big? Covers the midfield hashmarks. The one in the Shenkman looks like a better scale.

I think he wants to make sure that anybody watching games on a smaller computer monitor or their phone will still be able to see the logo.

Reaction Score
I like it. It's a big improvement.

I'd like to see it at Fenway.
Any idea how that has worked in the past? I'd assume we get to choose how it's painted because we're the home team. A Husky logo on the field in BC's back yard would just be so sweet.

Reaction Score
Any idea how that has worked in the past? I'd assume we get to choose how it's painted because we're the home team. A Husky logo on the field in BC's back yard would just be so sweet.
Not likely. There are other games that weekend although the UConn-BC game is the biggest.

Reaction Score

Likely this:

960x540_ycf_fenway_gridiron_series_06nrcs2s_8jiqlbje.png

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'd be pleasantly surprised if they allow a big Husky face at midfield.

Reaction Score
(Should've posted this on the other thread, but . . .)

Fenway Gridiron Series

3 games that week at Fenway as part of this event:

Fri, November 10 - Dartmouth vs Brown
Sat, November 11 - Maine vs UMass
Sat, November 18 - BC vs UConn

960x540_ycf_gridiron_1118_seat_map_p0ih99jz_3u6ew5an.png

Parking info

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors