New Life - Official UCONN vs Louisville prediction thread | The Boneyard

New Life - Official UCONN vs Louisville prediction thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
All is still alive - bowl eligibility and even a possible conference championship, but first.......

Louisville.....

This defense has found a groove. Look for continued solid play from Moore and Smallwood, and the best front four in the Big East. Louisville won't be able to run and in the second half folks start pinning their ears back. Pick six for Blidi (that's right - he's back!).

Another 100+ yards for Mighty Mouse McCombs. TD passes from Johny Mac and Scotty (yup, the Cards bite and Griffin walks one in).

Surprisingly easy one as this team is starting to hit its stride.

34 - 20 Dogs

Reaction Score
I'll start, this game will be ugly but efficient.

McCummings starts and finishes with 100 yds passing and 50 yards rushing, complete with 1 rush TD and 1 pass
Lyle runs for 75+ yards with a TD.

UConn 24
L-Ville 16

Reaction Score
Lville has a good defense...I think this will be pretty low scoring but homefield is the difference.

Uconn 21
L'Ville 17

Reaction Score
Nick williams was a shoelace from bringing a few back last against cuse he brings 2 back this week.

Uconn- 24
UofL- 10

Reaction Score
UConn - 28
'Ville - 13

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Reaction Score
Louisville has trouble covering kicks, and is not good at special teams generally. We win the special teams battles big time and it propels us to a victory.

Louisville is a power running team. Good luck beating our defense that way. For all our inconsistencies to date on D, that is not how you beat us. Bridgewater has thrown surprisingly accurately since taking over, and may be a star later in his career, but this is not the throw it all over the field and please TDH type of O that gives us the most trouble. We contain them.

Our O doesn't have a big day, but doesn't need one. Specials put us ahead early and we focus largely on controlling the clock and limiting turnovers. McCummings gets roughly half the snaps and takes some of the presure off of McCombs.

We don't get to 20 points, but we win.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, Johny Mac showed me something against the Orange. He had a miserable first half and I am sure he was told that Nebrich was in unless things turned around. He only threw a few times in the second half, but they were important throws and the stepped up and made the most of them. He ran the offense well and stayed away from mistakes. I'm really hoping it was a bit of a breakthrough.

Showed some real character.

Reaction Score
RABID DOGS 24
AFLAC PIGEONS 10

"pay the doctors, boooy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics