ESPN top 60 2014 point guard. He lists UConn among a lot of others

Reaction Score
My 2014 wishlist..

Kaleb Joseph
Jared Terrell
Abdul Malik-Abu
Paschal Chukwu

Reaction Score
I want Peak. He was sensational in the last two state playoff games. He's better than Terrell. He will move up the national rankings.

Reaction Score
Aye.. Peak.. as well. Just figured these guys would most likely be influenced by each others decision... but LJ Peak is on my "other" wishlist in which we get guys with little to no relation to each other like Ahmed Hill, etc. ;)

Reaction Score
I want Peak. He was sensational in the last two state playoff games. He's better than Terrell. He will move up the national rankings.
Wasn't able to check out any Whitney Young games, do you see Peak as a small forward in college? I want Ahmed Hill at shooting guard.

Reaction Score
With the "3 guard" lineup, they would be interchangeable. I believe they are both similar to Omar Calhoun in body type. 6'5" 190-ish lbs.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this should be its own thread.. But.. My gosh, Abdul Malik-Abu..

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to check out any Whitney Young games, do you see Peak as a small forward in college? I want Ahmed Hill at shooting guard.

Peak is a legit 6'5 and strong. At this moment he doesn't just break ppl down off the dribble. He has great form on his jump shot and has been shooting really well. For the team I would want Peak is more likely a three.

Reaction Score
We need to stop the jeff adrien comparisons. This kid is way more athletic. Hope we get him.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this should be its own thread.. But.. My gosh, Abdul Malik-Abu..

You see dudes like this, and wonder why they would even talk to PC. Why would you want utter failure / d league to be your peak?

Reaction Score
Reading a lot about UConn showing a stronger interest in LJ Peak & Ahmed Hill.. You guys think we can nab both? I'm under the belief they can co-exist. Also, someone mentioned Khadeen Carrington and that UConn is making a push at him and Hill and being recruited at different positions..

Reaction Score
My first time seeing this kid. He reminds of Marquis Teague a little bit. His handle is decent but can get better of course.

2014 Wishlist
Jordan Mclaughlin
Jared Terrel
Ahmed Hill
Abdul Malik-Abu

Reaction Score
Reading a lot about UConn showing a stronger interest in LJ Peak & Ahmed Hill.. You guys think we can nab both? I'm under the belief they can co-exist. Also, someone mentioned Khadeen Carrington and that UConn is making a push at him and Hill and being recruited at different positions..
From what I've seen of Peak he seems better suited for the 3 in our system, while Hill can play the 2/3. Hill is built like Omar but has a better handle, you can get away with pairing him with one ballhandling PG. I think it's very possible to grab 2 guards/wings(not an oversized wing) if you sell them on the idea of a 3 guard lineup, it all depends on how the recruits perceive it tho.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
People need to get realistic. There is a dilemma here with Abdul Malik-Abu. He wants to play with Jarred Terrell. Terrell has not shown anything and has kind of been injury-prone. Yes, UConn has offered the two but there are way better guards we are targeting who are high on UConn. Ahmed Hill, McLaughlin, Vaughn, among others.

Realistically we get AMA and Terrell. That leaves us with 2 more slots and I highly doubt another shooting guard or scoring guard commits. That leaves out Hill, McLaughlin and the others above. So would you rather have the AMA/JT package or a top-flight shooting guard, Pascal Chukwu (hopefully), a point guard (possibly Joseph), and a power forward? It seems we have way too many really good prospects high on UConn than what we can offer them. Kind of reminds me of the 2010 off-season.

But anyways my wishlist:

Pascal Chukwu
Abdul Malik-Abu
Jarred Terrell
Kaleb Joseph
LJ Peak/Ahmed Hill

I'm banking on DeAndre Daniels to go pro after the 2013-2014 season, so that will open up a scholarship. If Boat leaves, we're looking at another potential commitment in which will likely be either a point guard or big man.

Reaction Score
I would love a commit from a 5-star kid. I don't really care which one. Get one on the board and go from there.

Reaction Score
Ahmed Hill, LJ Peak, Abdul Malik-Abu, Chukwu. Jordan McLaughlin would be really nice at poInt guard. These package deals almost never seem to actually happen. Ahmed Hill really likes UConn/Ollie and he's better than Terrel, Hill is who we want at shooting guard, he could be a star.

Reaction Score
Like I said in another thread, if/when everyone decides to come back & UConn has a decent post-Season run, then we prob will have 6 scholarships to fill for 2014. Not saying we have to fill all because like '14, we're in good position with a number of '15 recruits. I just hope AMA & Ahmed Hill are apart of this class..

Reaction Score
Peak could defently play with hill. Terrell stock seems to be going downward while peak is going upward and that will continue he is a top 50 talent.

Hill is a top 25 guy seems to have a lot of ppl after him. He has some duke connections. Think Indiana and Ohio state r after him as well.

We need a pg in the class. I think Joseph is gonna take a little time to be a true pg but his upside is huge. Never feel confident with cali kids like McGaughlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom