New Intro Video from last night | The Boneyard

New Intro Video from last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"most dominant program in Big East history" LOVE IT!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's a cool video, but not really a good "intro" video. I liked the prior two ones better.

The prior two intro videos had songs that would really pump you up for a game, not sure "All of the Lights" really does it for me (even though I like the song in general). Would have preferred they just used the song from the first 40 seconds or so throughout.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Not really a fan of it. Feels too disconnected from one song to the next. I realize it's supposed to be an obvious transition from past highlights to the present team but could be meshed better.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I liked the 1st part especially. It seems as if they want to reuse the 1st segment for future years and change the second on a yearly basis.

If I had made the intro video, I would done something similar to the 1st segment. Good stuff.

Reaction Score
Like some of the others were saying, I think it's a cool highlight video, I just don't like it for an intro video. Maybe it is because I am someone who is usually resistant to change, but I really like the video from the past couple of years with the 300 violin orchestra song in it. Like Bask said, a song like that really got you pumped for the game. I put the new video on mute and played 300 Violin Orchestra at the same time and to me it made the new video seem so much better. IMO, I think the song is generally more important than the highlights shown. I also think that while not necessary, it was nice to have the players involved in the video like they have been in the past.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I like it. It's not a Rocky type we're the underdogs and we're going to fight type of video, it more of swagger type of video. With the music cranked up and the images on the screen I think that it will be great.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCtgwD3lpEM
2004-2009 Intro Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktq-Kq_MXiM
2010-2011 Intro Video (Fast forward about 1 minute)

The new one is clearly the most "polished" but these two were better for intro videos. I know it's stupid to get worked up for something as inconsequential as an intro video, but it really was one of my favorite parts of going to the games and reliving all of the history of our program. The song in the new video just doesn't do it for me and I don't like how there is only a few shots of our history (exclusion of "The Shot"?!) and not enough clips of our former players. Definitely disappointed.

To whoever makes these videos, I'll give credit where it's due as I was a huge fan of the new intro video for football this year. I think it was great and it gives me chills every time I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSTbn1HIQq4
2011 UConn Football Intro Video

Reaction Score
The new video is mediocre at best. There's a huge difference between making a highlight video and making a pump-up video to be shown right before tipoff, and this doesn't get it done. It's cool to watch, but so is almost every UConn highlight video--there was nothing special about this. Just another overplayed song that did very little to integrate the players personalities themselves with the actual video.

The fact that UConn would get rid of a unique video everyone loved is very disappointing. I was looking forward to hearing Shabazz scream "seventeen big east championships!"

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
i think they need to dim the lights for it and could've put this song in... mainly 1:00-2:22

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"Cardiac Kemba!"

That will never get old.
my favorite part of that game winner other than the obvious is how much of a boss he looked afterwards talking and pissed after he made it

Reaction Score
So per Daily Campus writer Matt McDonough, the Butler student section from the championship game appears twice in the new intro video. As he was saying, it's so quick that it's almost impossible to notice the first time around but if you watch the video, it's there. At the 51 and 55 second marks.

Apparently this is the first time that UConn has outsourced the making of the intro videos. I already wasn't a big fan of the video in terms of it being using as a intro. Really unfortunate that no one caught that mistake when cutting all the clips.

Reaction Score
So per Daily Campus writer Matt McDonough, the Butler student section from the championship game appears twice in the new intro video. As he was saying, it's so quick that it's almost impossible to notice the first time around but if you watch the video, it's there. At the 51 and 55 second marks.

Apparently this is the first time that UConn has outsourced the making of the intro videos. I already wasn't a big fan of the video in terms of it being using as a intro. Really unfortunate that no one caught that mistake when cutting all the clips.

also great nit memories

link: http://www.dailycampus.com/sports/video-screens-and-nit-dreams-1.2698960#.TsKI1PKwuvM

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Looks like this company (row27) made our UConn intros (bball and football) this year. They have done it for other teams in the past.

http://row27.com/project/2011-team-intro-video

"
Apparently this is the first time that UConn has outsourced the making of the intro videos. I already wasn't a big fan of the video in terms of it being using as a intro. Really unfortunate that no one caught that mistake when cutting all the clips."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom