New Individual Photos | The Boneyard

New Individual Photos

Reaction Score
One step closer to a real season. The UConn website is displaying new individual photos of the players and staff. The new uniforms with Big East badging are on display. Its a hungry looking group.
Aaliyah still rocking her gold braids on official UConn site...
1603482835546.png

BTW the returning players are not shown in the new uni's, rather they each get several action shots from last year (or non-action shots in Evina's case).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I pretty much thought CD would have eliminated the braids by now. [shrugs]

Regardless, she looks like a husky to me.

1603487924823.png

Reaction Score
One of Aaliyahs's brothers passed away and he was an avid Kobe and Lakers fan. Aaliyah is as well, and these braids I'm sure are a tribute to her brother and Kobe/Lakers. I was hoping UConn would relax the rules especially for something like this, and I'm glad to see it looks like they did.

Cant wait to see Aaliyah play!

Reaction Score
One of Aaliyahs's brothers passed away and he was an avid Kobe and Lakers fan. Aaliyah is as well, and these braids I'm sure are a tribute to her brother and Kobe/Lakers. I was hoping UConn would relax the rules especially for something like this, and I'm glad to see it looks like they did.

Cant wait to see Aaliyah play!

Coach Auriemma and CD have a history of doing this, a few past UConn players were not required to cover up tribute tattoos for loved ones that had passed.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Being the conservative type, my son (who is 51 now) wanted long hair, in high school. My rule was he had to have it groomed, clean and not in his face. It went well.
These young ladies' hair is quite attractive and very well kept. I suspect they meet certain criteria that has been determined by negotiating with Geno and staff? Probably before signing on.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I do not miss that shiny lettering and numbers.
I just watched a game from 2009 in which the uniforms had a shiny piece on the side. I am glad they don't wear those anymore. I wonder who thought of the red piece on the top of the new uniforms. It looks out of place.:confused:

Reaction Score
Aaliyah still rocking her gold braids on official UConn site...
View attachment 60236

BTW the returning players are not shown in the new uni's, rather they each get several action shots from last year (or non-action shots in Evina's case).

UConn is known for having players return with stronger, more athletic physiques in their Soph and Junior years. Great to have a player come in her Frosh year with a pro style body.

Reaction Score
I just watched a game from 2009 in which the uniforms had a shiny piece on the side. I am glad they don't wear those anymore. I wonder who thought of the red piece on the top of the new uniforms. It looks out of place.:confused:
I agree. Can't we just get basic blue and white uniforms and stick with them?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
We could petition Geno and CD to go back to these. A nice UCONN across the front, not shiny, and I bet we could easily do a home and away set. No gray. Obviously.

AND THEN, we don’t have to worry about who has tattoos and where!

CF6DF7B0-C990-4888-AB0B-E4554417B05F.jpeg

Reaction Score
UConn is known for having players return with stronger, more athletic physiques in their Soph and Junior years. Great to have a player come in her Frosh year with a pro style body.
I've seen Aaliyah play. We should be careful not to talk ourselves into thinking she's already LeBron James. She's only 6'3" - not a "big". That said, she is pretty big & physical, but but looked to me like she can/will fill out more over the next couple years like you said - maybe still a little soft to say "pro body." And her play will get crisper and sharper as she gets stronger and more experienced. Awesome potential, but remember she's a freshman who hasn't played a WCBB game yet.

Reaction Score
6' 3" worked pretty well in the post for Charles, Stokes, Jessica Moore, and I think Asja Jones too..... With all that said, Aaliyah is a total PF and not a C but UConn motion really isn't based on have a huge C but rather the more mobile PF playing the 4 and 5 positions.

Reaction Score

Agree completely.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I pretty much thought CD would have eliminated the braids by now. [shrugs]

Regardless, she looks like a husky to me.

View attachment 60239
It usually takes a year or more for most HS recruits to develop the strength and conditioning necessary to be truly successful at the college level. We have heard a lot about the improved overall fitness level of both sophomore Anna and junior Christyn.

In Aaliyah’s case she already appears to be rock solid, ready to mix it up with anyone in WCBB. In fact, after holding her own with the likes of Sylvia Fowles and Steph internationally, the matchups Aaliyah will face in college won’t faze her one bit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It usually takes a year or more for most HS recruits to develop the strength and conditioning necessary to be truly successful at the college level. We have heard a lot about the improved overall fitness level of both sophomore Anna and junior Christyn.

In Aaliyah’s case she already appears to be rock solid, ready to mix it up with anyone in WCBB. In fact, after holding her own with the likes of Sylvia Fowles and Steph internationally, the matchups Aaliyah will face in college won’t faze her one bit.
Mmm, not "rock solid" but reasonably fit for a freshman. That bodes well for she'll look like a soph with a years worth of conditioning in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom