New Hurley | The Boneyard

New Hurley

Reaction Score
I feel like it’s worth mentioning that Hurley has demonstrated tremendous growth as a coach even compared to a year ago. I was pleasantly surprised that given how bad the officiating was last night, that Hurley didn’t get T’d up even once. A year ago I feel like he might have gotten tossed in a game like that.

Reaction Score
He's more controlled on the sideline and has revolutionized his offensive approach in the past 2 years. Being able to coach an offense was a big question mark a few years ago, but not any more.

Reaction Score
I feel like it’s worth mentioning that Hurley has demonstrated tremendous growth as a coach even compared to a year ago. I was pleasantly surprised that given how bad the officiating was last night, that Hurley didn’t get T’d up even once. A year ago I feel like he might have gotten tossed in a game like that.
He's still getting jobbed on calls, but is getting a little more rope from the officials or, at least, has a better sense of where the boundary is.

Reaction Score
He's better at toeing the line without crossing it. "No ^&(*ing way!!!" or "That's bull$#&*t" is going to be received a lot better by officials than "You're a $#(&ing clown!!!"

He also seems to have a better sense of when to disengage. Example is the offensive foul on Ball. The guy was riding him and reaching across his body before Ball pushed off. Hurley went after the official, got the stare, and backed off.

Reaction Score
Even in the days when he was going batshit insane on the sidelines he himself said he'd calm down in the future, once he had his type of guys in place. He did last year and was noticeably more chill than years before last.

Reaction Score
I actually respectfully disagree with this. I actually think the opposite. Hurley did a great job changing his behavior during the season last year, and it paid off. Coming into this season, I was worried that the natty would go to his head with his behavior towards the refs and it has. He's back to his old self.

The fact that he didn't get T'd up last night was a credit to the refs to understand the situation. There was a ton of chippiness, and they were trying to keep that under control. All the calls can get frustrating with the coaches and they understood that. From just what I saw on camera, they could easily have T'd him up, but didn't.

I think his behavior is going to be a problem going forward if he doesn't adjust it. It's EVERY game. That gets old quickly. Even for a National championship coach.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's still getting jobbed on calls, but is getting a little more rope from the officials or, at least, has a better sense of where the boundary is.

Behavioral changes leads officiating change. It is what it is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Game plan was to have the players get the technicals instead.
Angry College Basketball GIF by NCAA March Madness

"That's ephing Bullshite!!! Cam! Go get a technical for me!"

Reaction Score
Hurley is limited and only wins games by double digits.

Want Proof? Last 25 Wins by double digits and last loss by 4 points...FIRE HURLEY!

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
the way they combine screen/screener actions with slips, staggers and flares is impressive. It's borderline CHIN offense but with more DHO's & with a traditional 4 out pattern... It's so far above what they did in his first couple years & the RJ /Bouk years.... The way Karaban is always looking to flare, cut, and slip makes everyone else move as well.. His slip in 2nd half v Kansas was perfect & the way Spencer sealed (topped) the screener last night when they were switching us was a brilliant adjustment. Yes, DH or Luke or whoever is definitely stepping up their game/.

Reaction Score
He definitely deserved a tech last night, and probably spent more time physically on the court than Castle did. He’s still a psycho, but he’s our psycho and we love him for it

Big difference starting last year is that now he doesn’t let it control him and spread to the players. UNC went on multiple runs to get it to 5-6, and we always had a counterpunch schemed through our elite sets

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
He's more controlled on the sideline and has revolutionized his offensive approach in the past 2 years. Being able to coach an offense was a big question mark a few years ago, but not any more.
The motion offense yesterday was outstanding. With a capital O. They missed shots, but they got lots of open shots against a talented, athletic UNC team, everyone from the center to the point guard spotted backdoor cuts, PNR opportunities, mismatches and open shooters, and hit them at the right time. It was impressive. This is not the offensive proficiency of 2 years ago, or even last year. This is a very NBA style offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom