New Home Game Traditions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

New Home Game Traditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-diaco-0228-20140227,0,3819406.story

"Diaco told a packed house about a couple of traditions he was going to change in order to create more energy on game days including the Husky Walk, which will now see the players enter the building through the student section to fire them up. The team will stay on campus on Friday nights when there's a Saturday home game to help create excitement on campus. He said there will be music between the third and fourth quarters to fire fans up, whether it's from his collection or not.
"We're going to engage the student body and our fans," Diaco said."

Interested to see what else they come up with but I think the team entering through the student section is a great start.

I have a new home tradition --- HOME WINS!!! :)

Reaction Score
I have a new home tradition --- HOME WINS!!! :)

We pretty much had this tradition with FHCRE. PP wanted to put is mark on tradition and changed it to losing at home and well, everywhere else.

Reaction Score
I
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-diaco-0228-20140227,0,3819406.story

"Diaco told a packed house about a couple of traditions he was going to change in order to create more energy on game days including the Husky Walk, which will now see the players enter the building through the student section to fire them up. The team will stay on campus on Friday nights when there's a Saturday home game to help create excitement on campus. He said there will be music between the third and fourth quarters to fire fans up, whether it's from his collection or not.

Interested to see what else they come up with but I think the team entering through the student section is a great start.
If it's new, it's not a tradition.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Diaco told a packed house about a couple of traditions he was going to change in order to create more energy

I know one new tradition that would keep fans from leaving 4th quarter...Sell Beer All Game Long !!!

Or, beer sales only during the first quarter and fourth quarter. Get 'em there early and keep 'em until the end.

Reaction Score
I think it's a legal/insurance issue to stop selling beer at the end of the third. $1 beers before the game is brilliant though.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Maybe Diaco can bring in a DJ? Or a guy trying to force 1/4 the stadium to do a BLUE... WHITE chant? WHOSE HOUSE? DOG'S HOUSE!

Lmao. I don't think anything has ever been as polarizing for me. As much as I hated that, I'll be damned if deep down I didn't love every second of it.

Reaction Score
Qo5frWB.jpg

Reaction Score

where does the team stay now on Friday nights for a saturday game? do they stay in east hartford?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
where does the team stay now on Friday nights for a saturday game? do they stay in east hartford?
I could swear they stayed at the Sheraton Rocky Hill (formerly Ramada, I believe)

Reaction Score
We need 5 large Siberian Huskies...nice well built ones. Pulling the mascot in a chariot onto the field. With music blarring (welcome to the jungle... something good.... and he goes around the field 1. To be brought up to a replica of the opposing teams mascot or whatever which they in turn run over or beat up or just rip apart. LOl not sure if it is allowed but I am sure this would get the crowd pumped up. Along with 2 dollar beers before game time I think it would be packed up at kickoff.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
few thoughts:

- provide tailgate food for students. UCONN dinning services can set up a few grills and charge meal points - kids got to eat.
(Alternatively season ticket holders could run a "adopt a student for a tailgate" program )

- new tradition of singing the national anthem. Noting will get the crowd more pumped then having 40 thousand people sing along the national anthem while UCMB plays it on the field. To encourage the singing i would run the lyrics on our jumbo-tron & ribbon displays. Not too many people show up for kick-off now, but if we make this a part of the game experience, by season's end we will have fannies in the seats.

- On the subject of sing-alongs, after 3rd quarter let's do a Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline sing along ( I know Fenway Park does it). Why? Our OCDP beat cancer listening to Neil Diamond - that's why.

- Lastly I'd like to see Jonathan run out of the tunnel (or student section) before the team. When I spoke with the handlers walking him around the stadium, i was told he was scared of the fire-works. Scrap the fireworks and run the mascot on the field - I know my kids would love it.
Maybe the new Johnny (the 14th?) won't be scared of fireworks and smoke? lol

Reaction Score
Maybe the new Johnny (the 14th?) won't be scared of fireworks and smoke? lol

The dog needs to learn to accept noises.

few thoughts:

- provide tailgate food for students. UCONN dinning services can set up a few grills and charge meal points - kids got to eat.
(Alternatively season ticket holders could run a "adopt a student for a tailgate" program )

- new tradition of singing the national anthem. Noting will get the crowd more pumped then having 40 thousand people sing along the national anthem while UCMB plays it on the field. To encourage the singing i would run the lyrics on our jumbo-tron & ribbon displays. Not too many people show up for kick-off now, but if we make this a part of the game experience, by season's end we will have fannies in the seats.

- On the subject of sing-alongs, after 3rd quarter let's do a Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline sing along ( I know Fenway Park does it). Why? Our OCDP beat cancer listening to Neil Diamond - that's why.

- Lastly I'd like to see Jonathan run out of the tunnel (or student section) before the team. When I spoke with the handlers walking him around the stadium, i was told he was scared of the fire-works. Scrap the fireworks and run the mascot on the field - I know my kids would love it.

I'd like to have them play Brass Bonanza before the kick off, after key plays and at the end of home wins.

Reaction Score
$1 beers pregame would get you a 40k sellout every damn game.

this is a tremendous idea.

Reaction Score
$1 beers pregame would get you a 40k sellout every damn game.

this is a tremendous idea.

Would there be a limit on how many you can buy? Not at a time but in general?

Reaction Score
Would there be a limit on how many you can buy? Not at a time but in general?
Probably try to limit it to like 2 or 3 somehow (maybe a bracelet with hole punches? a card be too easy to snag from a non drinker).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Of all of these ideas, I am intrigued by the idea of staying on campus on Friday night. Assuming the players don't just hang out in dorms drinking beer under this plan. So I have to believe that Diaco is planning some sort of Friday night pep rally, bonfire type thing. If the campus cops allow beer in Solo cups, that should be a hit.

Reaction Score
Very few times did we leave The Rent unhappy until the P years.

Ain't dat da troof.

If there is one thing positive to come out of the Pasqualoni dark years moving forward, it's the undeniable truth that UCONN fans do not tolerate losing and we did have, and can have again, a significant home field advantage, as long as it's made priority and worked for. Going a full calendar year between home wins - not allowed. No way. Winning is expected. I think Diaco gets that, and will do what it takes to re-establish home field at UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom