New Hockey East TV Deal Coming… | The Boneyard

New Hockey East TV Deal Coming…

Reaction Score

-> Hockey East and ESPN have reached a six-year media rights agreement that will bring the storied college hockey conference’s men’s and women’s games to the network’s television and streaming platforms beginning next season.

The deal includes more than 300 games annually, primarily on the streaming service ESPN+. Three games will air on ESPNU each season.

The agreement includes all men’s and women’s games throughout the regular season, as well as the postseason conference tournaments. The Hockey East women’s tournament is now set to be broadcast on an ESPN network. <-

Reaction Score
Not a fan of ESP'iN ( or now having to pay when streaming was free on the CBS app) ....BUT no streaming blackout if on NESN ?

"Hockey East has struck a pair of multiyear media rights deals with NESN and ESPN that will put the New England-area D-I conference’s games on linear television as well as ESPN+. The arrangement calls for 50 games on NESN and four games on ESPN. All 350 men’s and women’s games will be streamed on ESPN+, even if they’re also televised on NESN."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
ESPN+ is the best thing ESPN does. It's a bargain. And now I get all UConn hockey games added. I'm in favor of the deal.

Reaction Score
ESPN+ ..... It's a bargain. And now I get all UConn hockey games added.
Yeah, it's a hell of alot better than the $30 a month I'm paying now for Flo Sports to watch Uconn Baseball. And the no ESPN + black out in CT for NESN games makes it worth it too, if true.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I like NESN, but this provides much better access than we had before. Should be able to see more UConn games.

Reaction Score
How much does Hockey East have to pay ESPN for the privilege of ESPN televising hockey games.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This means UConn needs to produce its own tv broadcasts for hockey? The reason NESN was so Boston centric was travel and moving equipment around.

Reaction Score
This means UConn needs to produce its own tv broadcasts for hockey? The reason NESN was so Boston centric was travel and moving equipment around.
Even with that, they ended up getting lazy and started just picking up feeds from each school. They didn't even send crews and equipment to BU, NU, and BC anymore who are <10 minutes from their studios. Totally phoned it in.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Does this mean no more games on CW20?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member