New Haven Register Shutting Down? | The Boneyard

New Haven Register Shutting Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just saw a tweet from Neill Ostrout of JI...
"@NeillOstrout New Haven Register plans to stop printing this year? Wow, wow, wow. Thinking of all my friends in the Elm City"
Realy hope this isn't true!

Reaction Score
The press is being shut down...not the paper itself. Losing 105 jobs...Hartford Courant will print the paper.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
The press is being shut down...not the paper itself. Losing 105 jobs...Hartford Courant will print the paper.

If so same as the Hearst Papers in Fairfield County. CT Post, Stamford Advocate, Greenwich Time & Danbury News Times are printed at in CT Post press in Bridgeport. I think the Norwalk Hour is printed in Westchester.

Greedy capitalists of the Left.

Reaction Score
The Boston Herald which is no small paper by any stretch, has just in the last few days turned all their printing press business over to their arch rival, the Boston Globe. The Herald survives, but it will be printed and delivered by their hated rivals. Hmmm.... sign of the times. The Herald will be laying off drivers, pressmen, etc. So even the big boys are being affected. I just typed this using voice recognition software. Pretty soon we won't need fingers.

Reaction Score
sign of the times, funny how magazines are making a comeback, but papers except for the USA Today are doomed. I get my daily info from the Drudgereport and ctnow.com, all I need.

Reaction Score
sign of the times, funny how magazines are making a comeback, but papers except for the USA Today are doomed. I get my daily info from the Drudgereport and ctnow.com, all I need.

Two things I can't wrap my head around:

People who read the notorious and sensationally slanted DrudgeReport for information and People who use Blackberries, period.

Reaction Score
The Boston Herald which is no small paper by any stretch, has just in the last few days turned all their printing press business over to their arch rival, the Boston Globe. The Herald survives, but it will be printed and delivered by their hated rivals. Hmmm.... sign of the times. The Herald will be laying off drivers, pressmen, etc. So even the big boys are being affected. I just typed this using voice recognition software. Pretty soon we won't need fingers.

Fingers? you are thinking small my friend. In 10 years we will all never need to leave the couch and we will turn into a species of jabba the huts. bluetooth brains or something.

Reaction Score

People who read the notorious and sensationally slanted DrudgeReport for information and People who use Blackberries, period.
Actually, reading the Drudge Report (which just pulls together news stories from other places) offsets the bias that comes from the NY Times, Boston Globe, network news.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Whatever lie helps you sleep at night.

Reaction Score
Ever think you might have an extremely small head? ie pin sized?

not sure why you are attacking me. just meant that you can get information w/o any bias from so many sources(twitterfeeds, bbc, apwire,etc) that the fact that people enjoy/choose slanted news is curious.

And that blackberries are like apple IIes at this point.

Reaction Score
Greedy capitalists of the Left.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help myself from laughing at this statement. Bitch about greedy capitalists or bitch about Democrats...but when you put that statement together, it creates an oxymoron that could possibly wield enough power to break the internet.

Like in 3...2...1...go!

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Fingers? you are thinking small my friend. In 10 years we will all never need to leave the couch and we will turn into a species of jabba the huts. bluetooth brains or something.

I'm there now. If some babe in the Northwest Hills with Princess Lea hair goes missing you know where to find her.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but I couldn't help myself from laughing at this statement. Bitch about greedy capitalists or bitch about Democrats...but when you put that statement together, it creates an oxymoron that could possibly wield enough power to break the internet.

Like in 3...2...1...go!
I am not familiar with the editorial slant of the Register, but took a guess.

Whenever there are layoffs & corporate mergers, the press is always quick to interview the single mother of 4 who lost her job of 20 years.

I am looking forward to similar coverage of the plight of those that lost there jobs in this action.

Reaction Score
not sure why you are attacking me. just meant that you can get information w/o any bias from so many sources(twitterfeeds, bbc, apwire,etc) that the fact that people enjoy/choose slanted news is curious.

And that blackberries are like apple IIes at this point.

BBC not biased???? you crack me up!! are you a shut in???

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

They already played that scenario out in Wall-e.

Reaction Score

And let me guess. You watch MSNBC.

Reaction Score
And let me guess. You watch MSNBC.

haha no olberman/bill oreilly as my personal nightmare. like i said, mostly AP wire, andrew sullivan, atlantic magazine, BBC, Al Jazeera US(they are really good, suprisingly)

Point is, with the freedom of information available to us today, get the duck outside the US filter. it only manages to shrink your mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom