New Hampshire Is No Maine | The Boneyard

New Hampshire Is No Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UNH posted 19 wins last year, going to the semi-finals of the America East tourney, where they lost by two points to eventual champ Albany.

They return six of their seven leading scorers.

The team has a Texas connection, eight of its scholarship players being Texans. There are no players from New Hampshire on its roster and only two from New England. It has one player over 6-7, a 6-9, 225 lb center from Senegal who pulled down 20 rebounds in their opener, an 82-45 win over Division III Lyndon State.

In all, this figures to be a more challenging opponent than Maine, a good step up enroute to Michigan. Those expecting a rout may be disappointed. Probably a good test for Brimah.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You're dead on concerning Iba Camara (Senegalese center). By far Amida's biggest challenge of the preseason cupcake slate. I wasn't happy to see Till Gloger drop 17 and 6 on Brimah - he's improved a ton since the 13-14 Maine game, but still nowhere near the kind of player who should be putting up those kind of numbers against AB. Tanner Leissner is another undersized but impressive frontcourt player.

I still say we win by 15-20, but I agree that it'll be a totally different game. Hell, Maine had America-East level walk-ons in its regular rotation. They're going to be on the receiving end of many more games like ours.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm conflicted over this game. My grand daughter is a sophomore at UNH. I love her dearly. I kinda would like to see us not demoralize them. But I sure don't want to have even a second of the outcome being in doubt. I'm hoping they fall behind by 5 or 6 quickly and we never let the lead slip to single digits once it passes 12, but a 15 point victory would be fine by me.

Reaction Score
we jump in front by 10 within the first 9 minutes and never look back--- win by 19 --- a rout

Reaction Score
I guess we will see but Lyndon State's center is 6' 4" and is their tallest player. UNH was 12-22 from the FT line and only 8-23 from 3 against what was an overmatched D3 team. UNH also only had 3 blocks. I am glad we have a game under our belt. Will be a big change for UNH going against our athletes. I love that we have Brimah, Nolan, Enoch, Facey, and Miller as bigs to throw at opponents.

Clearly, we are DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned it up top so now I have to, got a good laugh out of the name "Till Gloger", the last name itself is just so awful sounding and I can't believe it's a real name. Sounds like a joke name from a Mr. Show bit, also loved that they had a little guy with the last name Bernstein, I'm jewish myself but I get a real charge out of a great Jewy name on the basketball court

I recall last season there being guys with hilarious names on just about every team we faced, and I don't mean hilarious as foreign, just weird weird names

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm conflicted over this game. My grand daughter is a sophomore at UNH. I love her dearly. I kinda would like to see us not demoralize them. But I sure don't want to have even a second of the outcome being in doubt. I'm hoping they fall behind by 5 or 6 quickly and we never let the lead slip to single digits once it passes 12, but a 15 point victory would be fine by me.

125399-karate-kid-no-mercy-gif-Imgur-dJ3u.gif

Reaction Score
Just want to see them continue to grow and I hope they our guys some trouble, helps the maturity and chemistry a lot more than 50 point blow outs I believe.

I'm still impressed with how easily they scored the ball, albeit Maine, without shooting decent from 3. Want to see them make some shots, get some more stops and protect the perimeter a little better in this one, get in some grills.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They both started as part of Massachusetts so they both suck.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
New Hampshire may not be Maine, but they aren't Duke either. UConn should still dominate. They may not hit triple digits but a solid 20 point win and 10 guys hitting double digit minutes is well within the realm of possibility.

Reaction Score
They both started as part of Massachusetts so they both suck.

Hey I resent that.

Oh that's right I'm not from Mass I only live with these people (and whacked out fans :oops:)

Reaction Score
Hey I resent that.

Oh that's right I'm not from Mass I only live with these people (and whacked out fans :oops:)

I'm with you pal, I use my blinker far too often to be a real Masshole, but its not just a joke, driving is like thunderdome up here

Reaction Score
As a reference point Kenpom has Maine #310 out of 351 and New Hampshire #159.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As a reference point Kenpom has Maine #310 out of 351 and New Hampshire #159.
So in other words, Maine is really, really, really, really bad at playing Division 1 college basketball. UNH is only really, really bad.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned it up top so now I have to, got a good laugh out of the name "Till Gloger", the last name itself is just so awful sounding and I can't believe it's a real name. Sounds like a joke name from a Mr. Show bit, also loved that they had a little guy with the last name Bernstein, I'm jewish myself but I get a real charge out of a great Jewy name on the basketball court

I recall last season there being guys with hilarious names on just about every team we faced, and I don't mean hilarious as foreign, just weird weird names

You might say he was a.... Bernstein Bear?

...I'll see myself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky