New Freshman walk-on: Autumn Chassion [merged thread] | The Boneyard

New Freshman walk-on: Autumn Chassion [merged thread]

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It’s always nice to get an additional player, regardless of the circumstances. I mentioned several times this spring and summer that I didn’t think that a 10 player roster would be adequate to begin the season. Hopefully Geno is in the process of finding/adding one more. An even dozen would be perfect. Welcome to the family Autumn.

Congratulations to Checkmate 2.0 for being the first to post this breaking news. :)

"I knew that when I was presented the opportunity to play at one of the most prestigious universities and play under the best coach in women’s basketball that it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I knew I had to take it,” Chassion said in a release.

According to her father, Chassion had offers from all numerous Division I schools, including a program ranked top 10 last season, as well as Divisions II and III, NAIA schools and some of the top junior colleges in the country.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wonder if she has a declared major.

1596306447491.png

That's Autumn driving with the ball.

"Johnson is complemented by fellow senior Autumn Chaisson, the team's starting point guard.

"Autumn's got a couple of colleges looking at her," Taylor said. "She's got a great shot and great handles. She's our coach on the floor. She's excellent at recognizing defenses and getting girls to open spots. She makes sure everybody's where they're supposed to be. She's done a great job of being that leader. She's learned and grown so much. She's a great all-around player in every aspect."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It’s always nice to get an additional player, regardless of the circumstances. I didn’t think that a 10 player roster would be adequate to begin the season. Hopefully Geno is in the process of finding/adding one more. An even dozen would be perfect. Welcome to the family Autumn.
I agree and would like to see another player added.

Reaction Score
She seems to be well acquainted to the number 4

A 5-foot-8 guard, Chassion held a 4.0 grade-point average and was her high school's valedictorian :)

I hope we get some interesting backstory about how she was able to get this opportunity
You forgot she spent '4' yrs in HS and helped lead her team to '4' straight Div III titles! ;)
Oh and as an added plus..........we need her to shoot the final 3 pt. shot in the "Final 4"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
1596307098330.png

Chassion is the Lady Knights' leader on the floor and stays in the gym working on her game after practice, according to Lady Knights head coach Lexie Taylor.

"She puts in that extra work," Taylor said. "She's always in the gym putting in that extra time outside of practice. She's really grown as a point guard and as a leader for her team. What she brings to the court with her leadership is unquestioned. It's been an honor to coach her."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She's got the Husky Bun down pat.

1596307474125.png

This in a playoff game in which she scored 29 points, including 4 3s in the first half.

“I was just excited for her that she was able to come out and have such a great game,” Taylor said. “She’s really an unselfish player, so for her to have the opportunities that she did … most teams put a lot of pressure on her and don’t give her the three. Tonight, they slacked off of her and gave her the three. I was really glad she was able to knock them down.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wow! Welcome, Autumn!

She has a 4,0 GPA and was the valedictorian. She’s not a scholarship player (yet), but she’s filling the Molly Bent role.

She averaged 15 points and 10 assists as a senior. Her team won 4 State championships. Not even Paige, Stewie, or Maya did that, though Kelly Faris did.

Geno said, in one of the online interviews 1-2 months ago, he was hoping for or looking at 1-2 walk-ons. Autumn arrived with the team this week—ahead of the regular students. I bet Geno was in touch with her months ago. She knew Paige would be attending UConn and wants to be part of the traveling circus, even if only a role player.

I don’t expect Autumn to be a star and maybe not a major contributor, but Geno has added another quality person to the team, which is always exciting.

Reaction Score
You see what happens when we have too many players. Mikayla Coombs, Lexi Gordon and Andra Espinoza-Hunter all left for other schools. Too much of a good thing.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You see what happens when we have too many players. Mikayla Coombs, Lexi Gordon and Andra Espinoza-Hunter all left for other schools. Too much of a good thing.

Actually they didn't have enough of the right stuff. Espinoza-Hunter has the dubious distinction of having been given her walking papers. 11 players is not too many and 12 would not be either.

Reaction Score
I hope she is still growing because she has the body of a high school freshman. Must be super quick or get much stronger.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom